Setting up SMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding at Home Guide!

Where did you create or install F @ H to? It isnt located anywhere in the root of teh C:\ Directory. You have Users, Windows, Program files, PerfLogs, and a directory that can be deleted with the alpha numeric strand. There is no F @ H folder present. It should look like this:

cmddir.png

Notice the first folder? That is F @ H. You are missing that. So you need to figure out where you installed F @ H to and then direct the Command Prompt to that location.

Side note here. I notice that with the SMP running that i am getting:

Timered checkpoint triggered a lot.

fahsmp.png

Is that a good thing or bad thing? I see that it is working. It shows 800 PPD and that it should complete in 2 Days. It will complete within the Preferred deadline. But by only about 20 hours. So should i consider just running the normal client and not SMP since i only have a Phenom II x2 545 @ 3GHz.

I didn't install it directly at C, I put it in C:\users\me\FAH. I tried to direct it there, but it wouldn't go. Do I HAVE to have it installed at C?

James then you will have to do this instead:

cd Users
cd me
cd FAH

That should get you to the FAH directory to complete the task. If not when you get to the C:\Users\Me directory type in Dir to see that screen again and get the FAH directory name. Yes Caps do matter.

Yep, give it a go.

James, I meant in the PC4 directory so we could see if there is an FAH directory.

Side note here. I notice that with the SMP running that i am getting:

Timered checkpoint triggered a lot.

Is that a good thing or bad thing? I see that it is working. It shows 800 PPD and that it should complete in 2 Days. It will complete within the Preferred deadline. But by only about 20 hours. So should i consider just running the normal client and not SMP since i only have a Phenom II x2 545 @ 3GHz.

I would keep running the SMP and your checkpoints look normal (15 minutes is the default but this can be changed in the advanced options).

Ok. I am going to install it at C:\.

One question though-
"Drop-in binary for current Windows SMP console client (6.24)," download it and drop it in your F@H directory." - Do I do this before I start the MPICH configuration?

kmote - Thanks. I might adjust the timeout just to stop seeing this. But so far everything seems good. I will keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and see what happens.

@james-

I replaced mine first. It is working. So i would just to be sure.

I would leave the checkpoint interval as it is because this way you will loose less work if there is a problem. If you don't want to see it in the output then you could always get grep from somewhere (unxutils for example) eg
grep -i complete FAHlog.txt | tail

Good night! It would be easier to push a bill through Congress than to get through all the crap you have to do to download VMPlayer! After almost 20 minutes I have finally gotten through all the registration, confirmation, re-confirmation, and all to actually start to download the blasted thing!

And, yes, the Fat man is peeved over it all.

Ok now I have run into this problem:

"configonly flag given, so exiting."

Then I try and re-enter "fah6 -configonly -smp" and it goes through it again, and when I hit no for "change advanced options" it pops up a window saying fah6.exe is not responding. GAAAAAHHH

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom