Setting up SMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
I have a e5200 with 3GB ddr2 800 at work and am using the classic. It's on for at least 9 hours a day, sometimes it's left on for 24 hours, and up to a week. Should I switch to the SMP, or is the e5200 not "strong enough" of a dual core, like you mentioned some might not be?

Re: Folding at Home Guide!

I've ran into a problem setting up the SMP already. In this part of the instructions:

Client configuration

The next step is to configure the client. Open a Command Prompt and change directory to the location where you unzipped the FAH client. Type this command to begin (assuming you renamed the FAH executable to "fah6"):

fah6 -configonly -smp

Command prompt simply doesn't see a FAH folder. Everytime I try to get to it, it just tells me go F myself. The directory where it's installed is "C:\Users\PC4\FAH". It only takes me as far as PC4.

Did you do
Code:
cd.. (Also known as Change Directory back 1 step)
to get back to the Root of the C:\ Drive isntead of trying to do it from the directory that it shows when you open the command prompt? That is what i did and it worked fine for me to configure SMP.

Well i know that when i open a CMD Prompt it comes to C:\Users\<Username> so you cant just type in the cd FAH as it will not be found in the Users\<Username> directory. So you have to use the go back CD feature to get to the root of the drive in order to change the directory to the FAH folder. I am guessing this is what is confusing people as the directions dont say to make sure you get to the root of the drive.

I used Cd to take me back to C: but it still doesn't accept the address where FAH is located, or any address at all. If I type anything beyond C:\ it says it's not recognized as a blah blah blah.

@kmote: do you mean just type "dir" and see what it says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom