setting up server for network

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, i know this may seem stupid quesitonf or me, but it isnt completely clear in my mind, lol.

I want to change my network setup. I currently have it like this:

wall>modem>router>all pcs

i want it so my pc is the server, then all the other act as nodes or w/e u wana call it :D (sry i had to use node, just finished linked lists in java)

But how do i setup such a network? and what extra hardware is needed? Links would be usefull :D

Thanks in advance.

Your server should stay where all the rest of your PCs are. Is it gonna be a web server? If so, that might change things a bit.

the pc to be server is already a webserver, and mail sever, but i want to setup my LAN with this pc as a server, like print/file sever, w/e u want. Like u would in a buisness.

dont worry bout all software/hardware i need, i have it, i just need to know how to setup physically, like wat connections go wwere. like wall>modem>server>router>pcs ? or wat?

then wat to do? i have win server 2003, and i got plenty more software i could need or w/e, just name it, and il c wa i have. I just need to know how to set it up tho.

haha sweet, i got it setup, this is sweet. i got my 2nd pc as server with win 2k3 server. and i setup a active directory n all. Its just like at school lol. i can log on to the domain or just log on normally to my pc :D tis is great. i need to set this up for all the pcs in my house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom