Setting up my home lab for ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you've set putty to echo typed characters locally (E.g. makes what you type shows up on the screen). Should be an option in the settings somewhere.
Try starting the putty session before you switch the router on, you should see the router startup sequence in the window. If not, you might not have configured the settings correctly.

ok I will try that in a few

Make sure you've set putty to echo typed characters locally (E.g. makes what you type shows up on the screen). Should be an option in the settings somewhere.
Try starting the putty session before you switch the router on, you should see the router startup sequence in the window. If not, you might not have configured the settings correctly.

Ok I just checked and its automatically checked, Im still having issues. This is turning out to be a pain in the ***.

Hang on, I'll setup putty here and screenshot the settings you should be using so you can make sure that's not the problem.

Change the Flow Control to None, the rest of the default settings are fine.
19272112.png

hmm yea same thing I checked my settings and it still does the same thing opens a window but you cant type anything, and nothing even shows up in the window. Possible its a bad router?

Im bringing this thread back from the dead, now that I have free time away from school. I would like to get these up and running if there not totally broken, I will get some pics of the setup, and if possible I will let someone just remote into my system to help me out, if theres any takers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom