Setting up a USB controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
Ok... so I bought a nice USB controller (Thrustmaster Dual 2-1 Rumble) from Radio Shack this afternoon so I have a controller to play COD: MW2 instead of using a keyboard and mouse which can be a pain for PC first person shooters :very_angry: Anyway... I plugged it in and it installed fine. The drivers on the disk that came with is were from 2006 when the controller was made. I tested it in the demo in Vista and the demo worked fine, which to me meant that Vista detected it. After that I tired setting the controls in MW2... no such luck... it didn't take.

I figured the drivers probably needed updated since it was from 2006. I looked online and found a December 2009 update for that exact controller and installed it. I restarted and tried again... again, no luck. The controller works in the demo and detects the X & Y axis, and all the other buttons, but the game wont detect it. I'm not sure how to make the game detect it. I've determined the OS is not the issue here... just the game. Help :sad:

Edit: I think I put this in the wrong area...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom