USB audio interface issue

I thought Windows 98 was a decent operatng system but you had to be careful of threats because it wasn't as secure as the newer OS.
Most people who ran 98 didn't have an internet connection, and the ones that did didn't need the security that you need today. Physical security or device lockdowns aren't as fundamental as people seem to think. 90% of what goes on right now is nothing more than social engineering.
and its sad that Windows 10 support will eventually end and we will be stuck using crappy Windows 11
This is an oxymoron considering they're practically the same OS.
Unfortunately, now this so-called Windows 11 has been publicly available for about 2 years, but so far there is no version that works at least as well as today's Windows 10. And look, this is important.
Again same OS, and it's migrated fine in a lot of enterprise environments compared to say the move from 7 to 10.
I'll give a proper answer when I get home from work (cannot access this site from work), but for now I'll give a brief answer before work.

I suspect windows 11 is different enough to where drivers that worked fine in 10 just won't work 100%.

Also far as I know it only does it with fortnite running.
I noticed the same problem with USB devices not working in newer OS versions. It is possible that the USB version is different on a newer version of Windows from the USB version of the previous Windows version. I accessed device manager and noticed that the previous USB version was 2.0 on the older OS and the newer USB version was 3.0 on the Windows 10. That may have something to do with USB devices not working as expected. Many of the older camera devices and printers are not compatible with Operating systems with new USB versions.
W11 uses a newer WDDM driver framework.

Most people who ran 98 didn't have an internet connection, and the ones that did didn't need the security that you need today. Physical security or device lockdowns aren't as fundamental as people seem to think. 90% of what goes on right now is nothing more than social engineering.

This is an oxymoron considering they're practically the same OS.

Again same OS, and it's migrated fine in a lot of enterprise environments compared to say the move from 7 to 10.

Thank you for the feedback PPM. I'm not too familliar with Windows 11 accept hearing complaints from others that use it that it's crappy.

Last edited:

Oh I see so it's possible that's why the sound card does what it does or maybe given the driver was written when there were just one type of core it tends to mess up with the load of fortnite possibly due to something the system does determining what runs on the P and E cores.

Also the card does have four USB ports on it as well so perhaps that is causing it to not work so good.

I also use a program called Voicemeeter Banana which replaces the windows volume mixer with a mixer that has many of the same functions a pro audio mixer has. So perhaps that is causing an issue in Windows 11 when running a power hungry program like Fortnite. I should check to see if there's an updated version of the program.

What amazes me is after all these years, Microsoft still has not improved the Windows volume mixer much.

Thank you for the feedback PPM. I'm not too familliar with Windows 11 accept hearing complaints from others that use it that it's crappy.

I suspect the majority of complaints are those who don't like the cosmetic changes and the fact that some menus and features are slightly different.

Like me for instance. I don't like that when I right click on the desktop I have to click more options to get some of the basic options that used to be on the menu that popped up, however it's just a minor annoyance.

I suspect a big thing is that some just don't want to learn something new.

Oh I see so it's possible that's why the sound card does what it does or maybe given the driver was written when there were just one type of core it tends to mess up with the load of fortnite possibly due to something the system does determining what runs on the P and E cores.

Also the card does have four USB ports on it as well so perhaps that is causing it to not work so good.

I also use a program called Voicemeeter Banana which replaces the windows volume mixer with a mixer that has many of the same functions a pro audio mixer has. So perhaps that is causing an issue in Windows 11 when running a power hungry program like Fortnite. I should check to see if there's an updated version of the program.

What amazes me is after all these years, Microsoft still has not improved the Windows volume mixer much.

I suspect the majority of complaints are those who don't like the cosmetic changes and the fact that some menus and features are slightly different.

Like me for instance. I don't like that when I right click on the desktop I have to click more options to get some of the basic options that used to be on the menu that popped up, however it's just a minor annoyance.

Eh, not really. Its the performance and compatibility issues that I wouldn't like, especially when viewing from my prospective I feel Microsoft is wasting perfectly good operating systems and I feel they are controlling us. Its kind of like forcing someone at the store to stop purchasing steak and purchase liver instead! yuk!! I would rather have the steak.

As long as this topic has morphed into operating systems... I've always liked Windows 2000 Pro. I still use it with an off line laptop for audio needs in my man cave and it runs flawlessly. I think it was one of the best operating systems Windows ever came out with.
As far as ikonix360's needs...maybe he should consider using an older O.S. for his legacy hardware off line with another legacy pc/laptop

Last edited:
That^. People love to just bitch about things. I was at Lockheed Martin when they transitioned from 7 to 10 and my god the entitlement. I had a sign that said at my desk "if you're here to complain about Windows 10, then I assume you'll never buy a new car again in your life". It kept a lot of people out of my hair. With the concept being, if you buy a new car all the functionality is the same it just looks different and things are placed differently. You don't immediately know where the headlight switch is but you figure it out quickly and take off in your new device. Same difference.

Has nothing to do with the core structure, otherwise it would occasionally work properly if/when an app with the audio pipeline is running through a P core.

Has nothing to do with it.
Adding oddities could potentially cause issues, but I doubt it if it worked fine before.
They fucked the audio pipeline when they moved to Vista. It's been shit since.
You can change this with Explorerpatcher.
Eh, not really. Its the performance and compatibility issues that I wouldn't like, especially when viewing from my prospective I feel Microsoft is wasting perfectly good operating systems and I feel they are controlling us. Its kind of like forcing someone at the store to stop purchasing steak and purchase liver instead! yuk!! I would rather have the steak.
The analogy would be fine if the versions were apples to oranges. W11 is literally still W10. Software isn't wasted, it can still be used decades later. The only issue is when 3rd parties stop supporting older versions of Windows. Like Steam announcing they are dropping 7 and 8.1. I think the biggest problem with software and tech companies in general today is the ever constant need for "facelift". A new piece of blah needs to look and feel exciting, when most people just want something to work the way it's supposed to. Guarantee if they added all this new functionality, hardware support, security, etc to Windows XP a vast majority would switch in a heartbeat.
As far as ikonix360's needs...maybe he should consider using an older O.S. for his legacy hardware off line with another legacy pc/laptop
That would be an option, but he uses the interface to stream. He honestly just needs to replace the old device.

Back
Top Bottom