Rocket League (PS4)

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
Omo and I love this game. Who else has it and loves it?

I think this would be a GREAT game to do a Game Hunters night on.

They're releasing some paid and free DLC next month.

Paid DLC is about $5. Its called Supersonic Fury and it includes:
- 2 new cars (american muscle car 'Dominus' and Japanese rice burner 'Takumi')
- Both of the new vehicles offer 6 different decals and garage customizations (12 total)
- 2 new Rocket Boosts ('Nitrous' and 'Burnout')
- 2 new Wheel sets (soccer themed 'Cristiano' and spinning wheels 'Spinner'
- 5 new Paint Types ('Brushed Metal', 'Carbon Fiber', 'Metallic Pearl', and 'Wood')
- Plus new trophies

Free DLC(or will be a game update actually) will include:
- New map called Utopia Coliseum
- New Spectator Mode to watch live games in real-time from any angle
- Updated Goal explosions and Demolitions
- Brand new song 'Firework' by Hollywood Principle

---------------------------------------------

Here are a few more tips for new players (Provided by Omoplata):

-Don't abuse/waste boost
Yes, the name is Rocket League, but that doesn't mean you should just use your boost constantly. Boost is limited and collecting it can take you out of the game leaving your team down one. It is better to conserve your boost and only use it fully when you need to race back to defend or rush for a loose ball. Using it in bursts is an effective way to increase speed to add power to shots and to advance the ball down the field when combined with a jump.

- Learning when and how to jump to hit the ball is by far the most difficult move to master.
When you get decent at it, you will start having a lot more success defending and scoring goals. Most players you will face struggle with this even in ranked matches.

- Center the ball from the corners.
Most of the time when attacking the ball is going to end up on one of the side walls or in the corners. As an offensive player you want to try to center the ball (similar to a corner kick in soccer). One of the best ways to do this is to smash the ball into the side wall so it ricochets toward the opponent's goal. Hopefully you will have someone ready to redirect it into the net, but even if you don't these shots can find the net on their own and also often times get knocked in by a defender.

- The camera can be changed.
Hitting the triangle button will change between ball cam and a regular camera that follows your car. USE BALL CAM! Ball cam will still follow you around, but keeps the ball focused at all times. If you aren't using it you will lose the ball and get disoriented unless you have a lot of time into the game. The regular cam is useful if you play goalie because it allows you to see the whole field.

- The buttons can be remapped to your liking
Using the default controls is fine, but if you really want to control your car remap them to fit your needs. I changed mine to match what I set my racing games to. Now I don't need to spend time fumbling around looking for the e-brake. It is a nice feature and should be utilized to your advantage

- When playing defense it is often just as effective to hit enemy cars instead of going for the ball
It is EXTREMELY disruptive to their timing and concentration when they keep getting hit off center. It doesn't even need to be a really hard shot. I use this tactic when I am competing with one or two guys from the other team for the ball. It works wonders.

- Your car is FULLY controllable while in the air.
This one took me a while to realize, but you can control your car while it is airborne. This is done with the left analog stick by default. Why is that important? Well, for one landing on your roof not only looks like a rookie move, but also takes you out of the scrum for a few seconds which can cost you. The other thing is it can be used it to your advantage you can add spin to the ball and do cool things like bicycle "kicks" and stuff.

- You can double jump
Something else I didn't realize is that you can add a little more height to your jump by pressing the button a second time at the apex of your jump. This is extremely helpful.

Last edited:
I actually had enough of my RL friends on last night to run 3v3 private matches. it was awesome. The game assigns the teams randomly if everyone just selects auto instead of picking a team. I don't care what type of gamer you are this game is absolutely amazing. So simple, but super fun.

I actually had enough of my RL friends on last night to run 3v3 private matches. it was awesome. The game assigns the teams randomly if everyone just selects auto instead of picking a team. I don't care what type of gamer you are this game is absolutely amazing. So simple, but super fun.

I need to get in on that shizzzz. I probably have gamed with some of them in BF3 or Destiny.

They may or may not be happy to know that I am not as bossy in RL as I was in BF3/Destiny...yet.

Still haven't decided if I want to get this game or not on Steam. Would be interesting since it apparently does support cross-platform play.

Still haven't decided if I want to get this game or not on Steam. Would be interesting since it apparently does support cross-platform play.

Oh does it? That's pretty cool

I'm guessing in-game party support (outside of PSN) isn't possible cross-platform but I haven't really checked.

Have it love it and I'm down also GOOOOOAAAALL🙌🙌🙌🙌

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Not really sure - I've just had a few friends trying to convince me to get it; one of 'em plays PS4 and he saw it supported cross-platform.

When are you moving, btw?

We should play some RL sometime
I'm down on the outer banks till the 10th but i should be moving mid to late August, basically I'm just waiting for my payouts from my job

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

I need to get in on that shizzzz. I probably have gamed with some of them in BF3 or Destiny.

They may or may not be happy to know that I am not as bossy in RL as I was in BF3/Destiny...yet.

Yeah man that would be great. You do know some of them for sure. Nobody had any issues with you in the other games. Why would you say that?

Back
Top Bottom