Recent Spam Posts (PLEASE READ AGAIN!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
Recent Spam Posts (Please Read)

As you may or may not know, there have been many spam posts lately from members that join to either post spam and nothing more, or to annoy other members.

Taking measures for future prevention is not that simple. We (the MODs and Admin) are developing a plan to eradicate these members and threads.

In the meantime, you as a member can, in fact, help us.
Recently, i've been coming across threads which contain spam posts. Spam which, most certainly, needs to be removed. We use certain tactics and measures to get rid of these members and/or spam posts. But, if it isn't recognized by someone in a very busy thread.....it will be delt with eventually, but maybe not as quick as it should.

So please, if you happen to see spam or would like to report a thread or member that doesn't conform to the guidelines of this forum, please report it.

You can report things of this nature by using any one of these methods:

1) Click on the "Report this Post" button at the bottom of EACH post. (This is the most effective way. This will send an email to ALL of the MODs and will contain a link to the exact post that needs attention.

2) PM a MOD or S.MOD with a link to the thread Click on the link of one of our names and then click "Send _______ a private message (PM)"

3) Email a MOD or S.MOD - There are links to the MODs on every forum and sub-forum. Click on the link and then click "Send _______ an email message"

Thanks,

-mike

I don't know how you'd 'develop a plan to eradicate these members and threads'...but I wish you lots of luck :) It's a problem at every forum I go to...this is the most efficient one though, it's usually removed within the hour of being posted :D

Well, a "TomMod" that worked as well as the "TomBot" does would utterly destroy everything.....
No offense to whomever developed that Bot....but, I can get more useful conversation from my coffee maker.

lol TomBot :p Anyway, I'm glad something is being done to stop some of this, whatever it is....because I am sure getting tired of the spam.

What happened to the iPOD sticky? I think that is going to need to be revised to FREE COMPUTER PARTS too.

Just setup a php script that will be called when a user clicks the "Post a topic" button, the php script will verify if the user has the strings "ipod" and "free" in their post, if so then the thread won't be created.

"Haters..."

I'm glad you guys are doing something about this. Everytime i ever made a topic on this forum, there's allways some smart@$$ that joins the forum to say something immature! This is varry annoying! Hopefully in the future, you could come up with a plan to prevent them from registering. :) That would be wonderfull! :classic: I appreciate what your doing. Thank you:) :cool:

the last forum i was at had so much spam about the ipods and sony laptops man, and hi everyone how you guys doing, this place has more than 17K members, DAMN , but hi and check out my site http://www.pc-talk.tk and this is not spam i just want to see if you guys like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom