Random Chit Chat

It's 6 degrees celcius where I am. I'm about to go for a bike ride.

It was cold for a bit but my computer is now a space heater since upgrading to the R5 5600. I swear AMD needs to rethink bundling that CPU with the Wraith stealth cooler and give us either the prism or spire instead.

Hi Tech friends, I have a warninng regarding all 2024 Lasco heaters! My husband purchased a Lasko heater and everything worked just fine and when I heard the clicking sound the heater would turn itself off automatically as normal. One day, last week my husband and I were engaged in a conversation. He was in the kitchen and I was in the living room about two feet away from the heater. I heard a clicking niose and thought nothing of it when it failed to switch off. A few more minutes passed when suddenly I heard a loud buzzing niose and my husband observed a fireworks display an heard popping sounds in the kitchen! I quickly turned my head and was horrified when I noticed fire shootig from the cord like the fourth of july fireworks in the middle of January in my living room of all places!! I screamed and hollered fire in horror and then froze while my husband ran into the living room and stomped the mini fire out in his socks! There was a small flame on the carpting and my husband succesfully stomped out the fire. My husband shook the cords and noticed the medal prongs acually discintigrated so the fire must have been extremely hot! I believe Lasko heaters are faulty and the temperatore regulator failed and should not have failed so soon! This was a brand new heater!! My husband and I never ever had this type of experiencee before.

Hi Tech friends, I have a warninng regarding all 2024 Lasco heaters! My husband purchased a Lasko heater and everything worked just fine and when I heard the clicking sound the heater would turn itself off automatically as normal. One day, last week my husband and I were engaged in a conversation. He was in the kitchen and I was in the living room about two feet away from the heater. I heard a clicking niose and thought nothing of it when it failed to switch off. A few more minutes passed when suddenly I heard a loud buzzing niose and my husband observed a fireworks display an heard popping sounds in the kitchen! I quickly turned my head and was horrified when I noticed fire shootig from the cord like the fourth of july fireworks in the middle of January in my living room of all places!! I screamed and hollered fire in horror and then froze while my husband ran into the living room and stomped the mini fire out in his socks! There was a small flame on the carpting and my husband succesfully stomped out the fire. My husband shook the cords and noticed the medal prongs acually discintigrated so the fire must have been extremely hot! I believe Lasko heaters are faulty and the temperatore regulator failed and should not have failed so soon! This was a brand new heater!! My husband and I never ever had this type of experiencee before.
I prefer radiant and ceramic heaters for this reason. Shit grade floor heaters burned my parents house down and ultimately the reason why my dad died.

I prefer radiant and ceramic heaters for this reason.
+1. We have central heat/air now, but our old house did not. We used oil-filled radiant heaters for the whole house. They may take a bit to warm a room because of no blower, but they are safe and didn't cost us a fortune in electricity.

Back
Top Bottom