Random Chit Chat

+1. We have central heat/air now, but our old house did not. We used oil-filled radiant heaters for the whole house. They may take a bit to warm a room because of no blower, but they are safe and didn't cost us a fortune in electricity.
I will have to check into the oil heaters. That sounds better than ones plugged in. My husband was thinking of a pellet wood burner.

Hey tech buddies, I was angry last night at work when a customer faile his pacience with me! He called me a louzy no good tech before I ha a chance to do anything at all for him. I had his permission in writing to remotely access his pc but he called me that name and I caps locked on him and said YOU NEED TO BE PACIENT!! I AM NOT A ROBOT WHO CAN FIX YOUR PC IMEIDATELY! We were only connected for a few seconds!! I held my tongue because I wanted to remainn professional. What I really wanted to do is get in touch with my masquline side and scream F-BOMBS At him lol

These plug in, but they are lower powered. You can put your hand on them and not get burned, but they do a good job heating a room.
Thank you Trotter for your helpful suggestions. Considering oil heaters do not get hot when you touch them, sounds like a safe alternative to using electric space heaters. I have had to jerk my body away from the space heater because it was getting to hot on my leg. My leg was acually all red because I have a diffacult time staying warm and I dont feel burning until its too late. I often frantically hover over the heater with a thick blanket an that seems to work but I have to be especially careful not to burn myself. I visited a physician and he tol me I had poor blood circulation.I get cold too easily anytime of the year. Incluing summer sadly. :(

Thank you Trotter for your helpful suggestions. Considering oil heaters do not get hot when you touch them, sounds like a safe alternative to using electric space heaters. I have had to jerk my body away from the space heater because it was getting to hot on my leg. My leg was acually all red because I have a diffacult time staying warm and I dont feel burning until its too late. I often frantically hover over the heater with a thick blanket an that seems to work but I have to be especially careful not to burn myself. I visited a physician and he tol me I had poor blood circulation.I get cold too easily anytime of the year. Incluing summer sadly. :(
Then the oil radiator heaters would be perfect for you. My wife has done the same as you with a blanket, and I would often set my dinner plate on top of one to help keep it warm.

iu

Well hello again friends! Guess who's life got turned completely upside down in the last four years, almost died several times, disappeared into the Amazon jungle for a spirit quest with locals, and is now the proud new owner of divorce paperwork!?!?!?

Yup, this guy :)

Radiant heaters can still get hot and still pull the same wattage as a normal space heater depending on how high you set the settings. Have you tried an electric blanket?

iu

Well hello again friends! Guess who's life got turned completely upside down in the last four years, almost died several times, disappeared into the Amazon jungle for a spirit quest with locals, and is now the proud new owner of divorce paperwork!?!?!?

Yup, this guy :)
Glad you survived. Welcome back.

Radiant heaters can still get hot and still pull the same wattage as a normal space heater depending on how high you set the settings. Have you tried an electric blanket?
electric blankets do not help your water pipes from freezing up.
Earlier this year in January we got down to -8 f and anytime we get below +10 f I have to run space heaters in my laundry room and trickle water into the laundry tub. I use a small space heater under the kitchen cabinets to keep my dishwasher from freezing up. I also crank up my forced air furnace too. This house I am currently has a slab floor and very poor insulation. When I lived at another place with a basement I never had to worry about the pipes freezing as long as the furnace ran

It never fails. I spring the extra for 2nd day delivery and bad weather screws me over. What was supposed to be here today has been rescheduled for Monday. FFS

Back
Top Bottom