Random Chit Chat

If it wasn't for those two small issues i wouldn't go with windows ever. But i am not alone. I know of others that have a dual boot for there work. It sucks really! Why can't a company that sales printers make software for more than windows or mac? I can't understand why there are so many companys that make software for the model railroad companys that will only work in windows. One company makes one for Mac. none make one for Linux. Here is another gripe, With over 90% of all servers out there using Linux for there software, why don't more go away from windows for there servers. Linux server software serves any os. why can't other software do that the same? another thing is anti-virus software. If Linux can get away without needing it why can't windows and mac get away from it. Thats something i will have to check out, I am going to need a anti-virus for windows. Is there any free ones that are any good? Not like i want to be on line with windows much, but i guess i should need something to try and keep them scammers at bay. Gonna have to relearn the windows software again...UGG!!!!!
Answered your own question with your own question. Marketshare. Linux is more popular in the server space because of kernel level support of certain features that if they aren't there can be programmed to be there easily. They also don't require an A/V for the same reasons, market share and simplicity of the kernel layer (same for Mac, hardly any market so not worth targeting). On the flip side most hardware and software developers with the focus on the average consumer it only makes sense to target where those consumers are. Even somebody as well versed in this world as I am uses Windows for those simple facts and they know it. 99% of all machines you can buy as a regular customer comes with Windows on it, the rest being Apple and Chromebook.

You don't need an A/V. Defender is fine at blocking things you might have downloaded, and no A/V is going to be good at zero day or exploits you might get infected from with your browser. The best A/V today is common sense and a decent adblock because most all scammers target people with phishing attempts via bad links. It's a way easier target vector to attack stupidity rather than brute force.

Happy Turkey day PP
I smoked a turkey this year and it turned out better than I expected. Mrs. C made a brine solution that I soaked the bird in before we put it on the smoker. I started it with some charcoal and apple wood at 5:45 am and by 1:15 it was ready. Actually a little late cuz we planned on a 1:00 dinner. Having in-laws for the kids to go to makes our plans for an earlier dinner.

I hope all had a good Thanksgiving.

I smoked two turkeys this year: one for us, and one for a church family. They turned out great. It was a good day with most of the family, but we were missing my wife's sister and her husband. She had a mini stroke yesterday and was released from the hospital mid afternoon today. We did send her plenty hope via her son, though.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy thanksgiving this year. Its been a strange year this year for us. too many things we have no control over but made it through it somehow. Now, just need to get through the holidays and Hope for a better year next year.

The holidays have started crazy for us.
True enough. Turns out that my SiL's mini stroke apparently resolved itself, but her blood had gotten way too thick and was causing a LOT of pressure on her brain, which was causing all of the stroke-like symptoms. They got her thinned down and she has to do a lot of follow-up... but the hospital was ridiculous. The ER was packed so they had her sitting out in the waiting room trying to not fall out of the chair. Then they kicked all the family out except her husband (everyone's family, not just ours). She got to spend about eight hours in a room before she was discharged.

I know all about those strokes. My sister died from a main line stroke and my oldest brother had a main line stroke but he did recover over time. Took about 5 years but he did. I have had mini strokes and once in awhile i get one or two and then go for long periods without any at all. I am the one odd out i guess. There nothing to play with. i take a med for it and for the most part it works. keeping colostroral down is a big part. that and blood pressure. Hope she gets better and don't have any more of those strokes

True enough. Turns out that my SiL's mini stroke apparently resolved itself, but her blood had gotten way too thick and was causing a LOT of pressure on her brain, which was causing all of the stroke-like symptoms. They got her thinned down and she has to do a lot of follow-up... but the hospital was ridiculous. The ER was packed so they had her sitting out in the waiting room trying to not fall out of the chair. Then they kicked all the family out except her husband (everyone's family, not just ours). She got to spend about eight hours in a room before she was discharged.
My mom's stroke was about 17 years ago, and it was about the same. The "fall/winter" season is always nuts in the hospital.

For us it started off with a pretty bad argument for my wife and I a couple days before T-day. In the middle of it we got a call that our oldest teenager ran away from her dad's house in Mexico. Saturday we get a call that she was found at a hotel with some 26 year old man, the hotel wasn't compliant with her dad because the man was an adult (they didn't care she was 16). Had to get the cops involved that busted the door down and it was a big ordeal. When they busted the door down the two were standing there naked and the teenager started laughing when her dad was yelling at her. Just yesterday my wife got a call from her cousin that she was in jail and just got out on bond because her husband told the cops she hit him with a gun. We don't know the truth but we figure since he is a felon with guns and they glossed over that part we figure he smooth talked the cops and lied about the situation to put the heat on her. 10 minutes after that convo we get a call from the teenagers dad on speaker phone. Teenager is going crazy, crying, laughing manically, etc. Turns out that man was arrested by the police and released that later day. He then went to their house and snuck in and she was hiding him the whole time. Her toddler little sister (5ish) kept telling her dad she heard sounds, and went in the room and checked. Screamed at the top of her lungs when she opened the closet door and found a grown stranger standing there. Dad kicked the dudes ass and the teenager called her mom (my wife) complaining about how bad her life was down there. My wife backed the dad's actions up 100% and she didn't like it and tried manipulating the situation. It was nuts to sit here and listen to just how delusional this girl is. Both of them were taking care of the situation so I didn't say a word just listening to it all unfold on speaker.
Needless to say we completely forgot about what we were arguing about lol. All this and it's not even December yet.

thats why i don't have anything to do with my girls anymore There mother ran around behind my back while i was a work. the girls had a perfect teacher and they are just as bad. Ones on the street somewhere and one is supposed to be married again and the third??? I haven't talked to them in years and they are in there 40's so i just gave up on all of them. My current wifes kids had a good one,(the oldest), and the youngest that is about as bad as my girls. Her father was the baddie there. Deb lost her because the father had connections and deb didn't shes in her 30's somewhere and i was the first in her life after all that crap went down. Deb has been through the wringer for sure but her one daughter has me for her father as she hates the real father. Don't blame her. She is my princess and i love her to death. You can't pick your kids.. and if you don't want that kind of life around you it is your choice. I made my choice a long time ago. don't look back. it hurts less that way

Back
Top Bottom