Status
Not open for further replies.
some pics

PHOT0004.jpg

PHOT0010.jpg

PHOT0011.jpg

PHOT0013.jpg

PHOT0016.jpg

Looks just like my old bike..... now im depressed....

Hey, I'll be in Coronado in a few months, mind if I come by and take it for a ride?? :)

Have you tried taking out the sparkplug and then kicking it over? You might have locked it up and getting some air in there might help.

I dont have experience with RM250s but I rode with a kid the other day on an RM125 and he was darn fast. I dont ride MX because that isnt what my bike is designed for. I have a 2002 KDX220 with some small mods on it. Its a sick bike, it hits hard and fast. When im slowly putting around and then give it some gas the front pops up and off goes the wheelie. Going up steep rocky single track is crazy, nothing can stop this thing. Some pics:
(small jump, its not meant for jumping)
2eb2re2.jpg

1210699605_l.jpg

yea i pulled the plug, and, well it needs a whole new top end. the sparkplug was smashed by the piston, the piston has a hole in it, cylinder is all scratched up, havent seen the shape of the side of the piston yet, but a hole is good enough. just hope that the connecting rod ait broke. ps bleak, nice bike, i used to have a kdx 80 and a klx125, but sold those to get my yz125, which got stoled, so now i get this. o well aint bad, kick @$$ bike, got it for free, nice parts all around...but the tard who had it before me used straight gas instead of mix. i can tell this weekend is gonna be a fun one(not...hate grease and oil under my fingr nails)

HOLY CRAP!!! we were all way off. the piston disinergrated. the rear skirt shattered and got involved with the crank. otherwize that, everytings good. the crank, and rod is good, tranny is good. the bike is stripped to the frame, just dusty. pulled the chamber pipe, and the pipe was full of piston fragments. the water cooling system is perfect, so im just waiting on a piston, and to get those fragments out of the bottom end.

lucky, when that happens usually you end up with scaring on the piston wall, which is either time for a bore and sometimes sleeve too. Nice bike, have fun, and kick the former owner squarly in the *** for putting straight gas into a 2 stroke.

haha...it wasnt just straight gas, it was an old piston, standard wear. the cylinder isnt scarred at all! like new, the piston, however, is all banged up...ill get a pic tomorrow, me pops gonna take the bike to his work and clean the crank area out. cant beleive it tho, got a 2,500$ bike for free, just needs like 150$ of parts to be ride/raceable

errr piston just went? Dunno never actually heard of that happening except in high mileage worn out engines. Basicly only time I've heard of that happening is when the cylinder gets too sloppy, aka piston slap. Make sure the cylinder isn't out of round before you hone it(if thats what your intending to do. I've never worked on that brand, so you might want to check for common failures, maybe they have a prob with weak pistons, and what they do for the prob.

I don't mean to nit pick, just I've spent money on stuff without checking every little detail, and been burned so many times. I just hate to see it happen to others.

edit: LA, or SD area.... or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom