ques on a rm-250(mx bike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY! lol, i guess im getting back in the dirtbike scene(last one got stoled, long story) well, one of my dads freinds is giving us a 2001 suzuki rm-250 for free(has either a blown piston, connecting rod, or crankshaft) with all new plastics, suspension, seat, bars, totaly raced out, fmf pipes, mikuni carb. just wondering if anybody has ridden/have one of these bikes and if they is cool and whatnot. thks in advance

I have a 06 cr 125. It freaking Rips. Can get some really good lap times now.

Is the 250 2 stroke or is a 250 F.?

2stroke, should be gettin it tomorrow, unless we decide to get the xr200 from him(were gettine either/or for fee) my dad keeps on leanin towards the xr200 cause he never seen me ride, and he thinks im a total newb at dirtbikes...

i used to have a 98 yz125 that was totaly wicked, but got jacked out of my shed like 3 months ago. were gettin full paperwork on the rm250, and it just has the piston/rod/crank prob. should be an eazy fix, im prety good at mechanics, but my dad, being stubborn as he is wants to work on the bike he cant work on bikes worth a ****. last time, 1979 suzuki rm80 bored to 98cc, the kicker broke off, so he rebuilt the motor, and messed up the trans so bad, that when u let the clutch out it still slipps, and when its in, the wheel still has power. were gettin the bike, boots, and some other gear for free(were fixing his truck up, but hes broke, kinda). its a **** of a good deal, cause that bike brand new is like 5000, used on ebay its like 2,500. ive been reading about the bike, and it seems that this model, they completely redid the bike, its lighter, more power, better suspension, etc. im just trying to find someone who's ridden this bike before, and their personal opinion on handeling, power, and the quality of the ride.

not realy, but we have this full out mx track around here, i used to beable to clear every jump on the expert track on my 79 rm80, same with the 125, but before i do anything on it, i gotta fix it. ill learn more about the bike when my dads freind comes over today and checks out his truck. if all goes good and the truck fires up tonight, then we get the bike tomorow(hey, we need to have the truck running so he can go to his house and get the bike). yea i got all fox gear too, but my boots r too small now(size 10, im 11 now) got full fox jerzy, fox roost guard, mhz helmet, fox knee/elbow guards, and i got a pair of fox gloves around here somewhere. all the gear is yellow, so i guess it would be best if i went with the suzuki instead of the xr200

I've been riding dirt-bikes since I was 4 and amatuer motocross since I was 10. Up until about 16. I raced the RM125, and I have to say Suzuki's RM has ALWAYS been my favorite, they are awesome bikes. Their 250's a f'ing sweet and have alot of power. The RM250 will be my next bike when I start riding again. If your a noob to dirt-biking, get ready for some bruises and possibly broken bones. But if you have experience, two-stroke 250's are light weight, all power band, and fun as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom