quakecon08 / lans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would really like to go this summer, lol and hmammen i have that tv for my tv upstairs, im thinking of picking up one for my room this summer. but if i do no quake con, do they have any other games besides any of the quake series, like i know there gonna have quake wars this year, but i wasnt a fan.

Omg my pants are filled with happiness!

I wish i could go... reminds me of when i first saw dreamhack in the basshunter video :(

When i visit my grandparents in florida i will make sure to go around them times and somehow get there!

T_T

i would really like to go this summer, lol and hmammen i have that tv for my tv upstairs, im thinking of picking up one for my room this summer. but if i do no quake con, do they have any other games besides any of the quake series, like i know there gonna have quake wars this year, but i wasnt a fan.

yeah supposedly you can run your own servers (of course hosting off your pc). so if you go to BYOC section you can play whatever game you want. if you go to the quakecon's website and look at the FAQ it explains it there. of course what they say and what actually goes on, hmammen would be able to tell you more.

yea....the BYOC(bring your own computer) is pretty much gaming 24/7. I dont think you ever even have to leave that area. You could game all day and all night if you wanted to. The latest i stayed in the BYOC was until 2 or 3 ish. Im usually too tired to game after that. But, you can play ANY game, with ANYone there. Just host your own lan server and have fun. People like to host BYOC tourneys just for fun(no prize) and i competed in a couple CSS and BF2 tourneys. Its also great because no matter what game you are playing someone there will be playing it. There were over 3000 computers there last year and more for this year is expected.

The other area is a vendor and tourny area. Vendors such as Antec, Patriot, nvidia, intel, alienware, logitech, ambx, thhermaltake, and many others set up and let you get hands on with their new products and soon to be released products. Like at the logitech booth, they were displaying the new g9 and g15, before they came out that fall. I go to play with the g9 and it was very nice. O yea, did i mention the free stuff they give away? My god, i probably got over 200$ in free stuff from vendors. Also, There are drawings everyday from different vendors giving away nice things like cases, psus, GPUs, and even whole computers. I did a scavenger hunt for nvidia that took me all over the hotel and i was about 1 item short of getting a new GTX. No matter what, you WILL walk away from the event with something. Vendor area closes around 10pm.

Tourny area is massive. I think they had over 100 identical tourny computers there. All with E6600's and GTXs. The tourneys last year included-
Quake1
Quake2
Quake3
Quake4
Quake wars(team based)
Quad damage(play against 1 person in all quake games)

Other tourneys are to be added for this year aswell.
Teams from Europe, Germany, France, Canada and South America competed in the Quake Wars tourny.
Fatal1ty was there for a few days last year but did not compete.

So again. Its a blast. Go if you can.

More pictures here-

QuakeCon - QuakeCon Gallery

also, i will keep everyone here updated on signups. It comes fast and when it does, you MUST sign up quickly. I think last year the signups for BYOC opened in march and 3000 spots were filled within 3 weeks. So when signups open i will notify everyone here.

yeah, that was the usual place to practice, or paintball factory in garland. we went to official sometimes, but we usually just went there for walk-ons and some fun.

did you play?

used to play D2 xball. Played at xdren alot. God paintball factory in dallas was tight, then it had to close down. Ever played at gatsplat? I dont play anymore though. too expensive, too much traveling.

yea....the BYOC(bring your own computer) is pretty much gaming 24/7. I dont think you ever even have to leave that area. You could game all day and all night if you wanted to. The latest i stayed in the BYOC was until 2 or 3 ish. Im usually too tired to game after that. But, you can play ANY game, with ANYone there. Just host your own lan server and have fun. People like to host BYOC tourneys just for fun(no prize) and i competed in a couple CSS and BF2 tourneys. Its also great because no matter what game you are playing someone there will be playing it. There were over 3000 computers there last year and more for this year is expected.

The other area is a vendor and tourny area. Vendors such as Antec, Patriot, nvidia, intel, alienware, logitech, ambx, thhermaltake, and many others set up and let you get hands on with their new products and soon to be released products. O yea, did i mention the free stuff they give away? My god, i probably got over 200$ in free stuff from vendors. Also, There are drawings everyday from different vendors giving away nice things like cases, psus, GPUs, and even whole computers. No matter what, you WILL walk away from the event with something. Vendor area closes around 10pm.

Tourny area is massive. I think they had over 100 identical tourny computers there. All with E6600's and GTXs. The tourneys last year included-
Quake1
Quake2
Quake3
Quake4
Quake wars
Quad damage(play against 1 person in all quake games)

Other tourneys are to be added for this year aswell.
Teams from Europe, Germany, France, Canada and South America competed in the Quake Wars tourny.
Fatal1ty was there for a few days last year but did not compete.

So again. Its a blast. Go if you can.

More pictures here-

QuakeCon - QuakeCon Gallery

also, i will keep everyone here updated on signups. It comes fast and when it does, you MUST sign up quickly. I think last year the signups for BYOC opened in march and 3000 spots were filled within 3 weeks. So when signups open i will notify everyone here.

yeah it basically sounds like a huge LAN party for 4 days straight. im definitely going, i'll take some free stuff!

Ill consider too. All of us around the dallas area, we should do a local lan. I never been to one myself. I know theres at least 4 of us.

If i was still living in texas i'd be tempted to go, but alas i now live in denver colorado, and i highly doubt i'll have the money/vacation time to spend to go to a lanfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom