Quake Live, Ridiculous Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mouse and keyboard will only be as accurate as its user. Just like the controller.

Now please keep it civil. Everyone has their own opinion. As stated several times. Just because someone chooses a controller doesnt make it wrong, doesnt mean that they are not a good gamer it doesnt mean JACK other than they like to use a controller.

You call it a civil discussion. But when i see remarks that tell people that their opinion is wrong and you give facts to support your opinion. That is the very definition of a arguement. From Dictionary.com:

a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point
an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.

That is just 2 of the 8 that are listed cause they fit perfectly.

Again i will state this. If a response is posted that debates if someones point of view is wrong and gives facts or statements in regards as to why this topic will be closed and possibly moved.

No on is wrong for having a opinion. They should not and do not have to defeat their reasons to anyone and having their opinion called into question or in a indirect way be told that it is wrong for ANY reason will be constituted as the start of a arguement and the topic will be closed on site.

You may ASK them why they think such a thing. You may give reasons you think think the opposite. But in any way shape or form to call them out or their opinion on why they think such a thing is considered arguing.

Enough is enough. I am sick of seeing threads in the gaming area go this course time and time again because people feel they have to defend their opinion to someone who sees fit to tell them that it is wrong to think such a thing.

A debate is not to tell anyone in any matter any such thing. PERIOD. A debate or discussion is to get the reasons behind their thoughts and to give yours in a nice manner. To insult them or tell them that their opinion is incorrect in ANY manner will be dealt with.

Trotter has been informed of this topic. He will weight in with his thoughts on if this topic should remain or what. Till Trotter gives his decision i am closing this topic.

Better left closed. The original topic has been lost and was left behind long ago.

Like so many other things in the computing world, the argument boils down to personal choice. Personally, I think that the keyboard/mouse combination is better, but I have never used a console controller with a computer game. The last console controller I used with any regularity was with a SNES years ago. But I have seen some play FPS extremely well with a controller.

This wasn't even worth arguing about. Everyone needs to learn how to disagree without waging full-scale warfare. I can disagree with someone while thinking they are a complete idiot and do so without escalating it. Coosing words wisely and conservatively will serve everyone well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom