Quake Live, Ridiculous Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, not yet i don't think.

Mines kmanmx99, i'll add you gabb when i log in. Where'd you live Gabb ?

Naw, not yet i don't think.

Mines kmanmx99, i'll add you gabb when i log in. Where'd you live Gabb ?

california, thanks for the tip, now I can change the resolution to 1680x1050 to support my monitor :)

yeah but a few things:

1. The audience wouldn't be as big

2. Console controls are utterly TERRIBLE for FPS games, especially fast paced ones like Quake. I would give you $100 if you can beat me at Quake with a console controller when Im using a mouse and keyboard ( frag limit at least 25 ).

3. Dial up is terrible and should never be used for any kind of multiplayer other then turn based games

1) Don't care about a big audience, I don't need validation that bad.

2) They're so terrible that I seem to be better with the console controls than the keyboard controls....huh. Everyone is different there, slick.

3) No crap dialup is terrible, but it still worked just dandy for Quake 3 on dreamcast, almost no lag. (Not counting the time before my ISP replaced the copper wiring.)

So...yeah, I think I'm fine.

1) Don't care about a big audience, I don't need validation that bad.

2) They're so terrible that I seem to be better with the console controls than the keyboard controls....huh. Everyone is different there, slick.

3) No crap dialup is terrible, but it still worked just dandy for Quake 3 on dreamcast, almost no lag. (Not counting the time before my ISP replaced the copper wiring.)

So...yeah, I think I'm fine.

1. I meant players by saying audience. Quake live has a huge abundance of players, while games like Crysis warhead suffers from a serious lack of players.

2. Are you seriously arguing that console controllers are just as good as mouse+keyboard? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but my opinion is, its an undebatable subject. The fact that your better with a console controller is irrelevant, your more used to it. I believe anyone with serious FPS game experience on both computers and consoles understand which is more accurate, and have personally never met anyone online or off to deny this. Instant 180s, pin point mouse precision aiming, etc etc. Also...slick...haha I didn't think anyone said that anymore.

3. "almost no lag" is a subjective statement, your ping is probably 150+ ( if dreamcast even reports the ping ), and thats simply unacceptable for high level play

Lmao, dude. It's debatable because people can have opinions on it. I happen to be better at console controls than keyboards. So what?

And I know you meant players. I'm fine with playing just a few players. I don't need over 100 retards with rockets playing on the same level as me to have fun.

As for my ping, whatever. I never experienced much lag at all, unless I had a disconnect. Which happens sometimes. Who cares? It's just a game. I play to have fun, not to be the very best and catch em all.

Lmao, dude. It's debatable because people can have opinions on it. I happen to be better at console controls than keyboards. So what?

And I know you meant players. I'm fine with playing just a few players. I don't need over 100 retards with rockets playing on the same level as me to have fun.

As for my ping, whatever. I never experienced much lag at all, unless I had a disconnect. Which happens sometimes. Who cares? It's just a game. I play to have fun, not to be the very best and catch em all.

if you honestly ( and I do mean honestly ) think the console controller is just as accurate as a mouse and keyboard then go for it, then again theres people out there that think the government is run by aliens. The mouse and keyboard combo offers the ability to do instant 180 degree turns, not to mention the speed of the movement has virtually no limits ( unlike an analog stick ), these are facts that support the argument which is to why its a superior aiming device ( besides the common sense that a mouse is a pointing device and an analog controller is not ). Theres further evidence by seeing professional matches of people playing the PC version compared to the console version, you can't properly rocket jump with a console controller and its essential to high level play etc etc

Lastly, your comment that: "Who cares? It's just a game. I play to have fun, not to be the very best and catch em all" is irrelevant. I play the game to have fun as well, and I can have more fun if the performance is more accurate ( hence I have better ping ). I think its fair to say that this is the case with everyone else as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom