Psp Vs Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS...but it's true that both the quality and selection of games aren't up to the nintendo standard though...as for the psp...that screen...it's mesmerising....

u guyz have fun getting the psp. u can pay 15 $ to ship it back and forth to sony just like that other pice of crap they made the PS2 and seriuosly who the hell name something playstation portable i mean seriuosly come on get something different out there something maybe idk original

actually, i've had my ps2 for about 3 years, not one single problem with it. still, the main reason i am buying it is because it doesn't just play video games, so call it w/e you want, it still sounds better than the ds.

oo, and you think ds is original? its just as bad as psp, i mean c'mon dual screen, its just like naming it after how it is, portable. both aren't great names, but they don't need to be.

ive played on a ds and i think it is ugly as hell but i would still have on over a psp simply cos i think the psp look boring and like yous are saying about nintendo releasing old games what are they doin for the psp?? fair enough the psp will have better graphics but in order to get teh same battry life ur gonna have to cut them right down so itll evn out. for me the ds is gonna do well but come next christmas i think the psp will be in the lead cos of all the advertising sony with throw at it just like they have dun with the rest of their consoles. theyve managed to convice the majority of the market that their systems have been the best 2 times so far even though they have been vastly worse than nintendos and in the later case microsofts aswel, so i dont think which is gonna win is down to how good they are but how much advertising there is.

Okey dokey. Its time to set you kids straight.

The dilemmas for the PSP are that the DS has a game library spanning a decade and Nintendo has over a decade of real world data to draw from when it created the DS. Wait for Sony to make it to a second gen hand held before getting too excited about anything other than a Nintendo product

Completely disagree man. The fact that Nintendo have such a considerably large library has nothing to do with the consoles popularity. As for Sony, chances are that they're second gen handhelds will be much the same as their first. Look at the Playstation. Same controllers for all three. Any improvements that have been made throught the series (besides the graphics of course) have been borrowed ideas - wireless controllers, rumble features.

The PSP isn't not gonna be 300 bucks.
Acutally its going to be about 250 and thats not much better. Now compare that to 150 for a DS. Huge difference.

Its disapointing to see nintendo just rerelease all their old snes and n64 games
yes it is since they released SOO many remakes such as Mario64 and .... oh no wait that was it. Looks like your retort back fired on you. Good job.

I think the reason Nintendo isn't making any ground breaking headway is because they keep re-releaseing the same games over and over.
Who says they arent making any ground? They have developed the gaming industry more than both sony and microsoft have done. What do those consoles have to offer different? Better graphics. And? Nothing more. No extra features, dvd players? Oh thats real original right there. Where as nintendo have introduced completely different features - 3 inch discs, rumble features for the controllers (introduced in the n64), analoge sticks on the controller (also introduced in the n64), wireless feature.
Oh and just because they re-release a few titles once or twice doesnt mean "they keep re-releasing the same games over and over".

No one buys a Gamecube to play the multitude of games offered on the system. They buy it for the select one or two games on the system.
ya sure, because the ds sold 87,000 consoles in the uk in the first 2 days, the gamecube sold 69,000 in its for weekend simply for one game. lol
Compare that to the xbox and playstation where the Xbox's March 2002 first-week sales of 52,000 and the PlayStation 2's November 2000 46,000 opening sales, were well below. And these stats apply to the uk - nintendos weakest market hold.

If you look at the amount of games that the PSP is planning to release with, they have more than beat the 6 or 7 games the DS released with.
Just keep in mind buddy that its quality over quantity. And in that market nintendo are very good at.

so I hope Nintendo gets off their butts and starts making some games that appeal to the people who grew up with Nintendo, that means creating games geared towards people in their teens to twenties
Eternal darkness, Resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4, Super Smash Brothers, Zelda, Tales of Symphonia, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Donkey Konga, Mario kart, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Baten Kaitos, Soul Calibur 2 (best version of the 3), Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, F Zero GX, 1080 Avalanche, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Final Fantasy, Starcraft Ghost (soon enough), Phantasy Star, mario Sunshine, Paper mario, Pikmin 1 and 2, and the list goes on ....

I've heard about how the PSP will have horrible battery times
its said to have a battery life of 2-4hours compared to the ds, 8-10 hours. Not much good for a handheld console. Its also interesting to note that you cant play it and recharge it at the same time since it will eventually drain its battery unlike the ds which can be recharged and played together.

i played the metroid demo, crappy graphics+ tiny screen= not fun.
Of course the screen is going to be small, what did you expect a 17" monitor lol. Dope.

The potential for the PSP is amazing. Wireless muliplaer, online gaming, all the best PS2 titles inc gran turismo 4 and GTA San andreas.
Oh look another idiotic comment. Wirless multiplayer? Wow so does the Ds with its WiFi capabilities. Also Nintendo said that the online capabilites for their consoles will be free of charge unlike sonys. GT4, GTA wow you just named the only good games for the ps congradulations.

But the psp can also do much, much, more than the ds -- such as: Play movies, play music
Yes because with a battery life of 2-4 hours you could probably be able to watch 1 movie and then recharge it for 10 hours. Yeah sounds good lol

but it's true that both the quality and selection of games aren't up to the nintendo standard though
its only been out a few months. You cant judge its overall selection simply on its launch titles. Wait until Christmas at the earliest.

actually, i've had my ps2 for about 3 years, not one single problem with it
Well then you're one of the lucky few. I got mine 3 months after it was released and it wont play any dvds and half the ps2 games. Good job sony cheers.

oo, and you think ds is original? its just as bad as psp, i mean c'mon dual screen, its just like naming it after how it is, portable. both aren't great names, but they don't need to be.
So thats why some consoles dont sell so well, because of their name. Idiotic statement man thanks. lol

Also keep in mind that where sony have a large selection of games 90% of them are shit. Nintendo however, have a small enough selection but their games are quality and long. Quality over quantity as I said earlier.

NINTENDOGS!!!!!!

NEW KILLER APP.

VIRTUAL PUPPIES!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!

The PSP is amazing, but really, THOSE PUPPIES ARE SO CUTE!

LOL.

gamespy for ds will kick the psp out the window,

for example, in Animal Crossing DS with gamespy, you are supposed to be able to visit other peoples villages, kinda sounds like the Sims Online.

because the psp uses a disk instead of a card, it has the potential to skip like a cd player,

who wants to hit a bump in the car and lose all your progress.

Oh yeah, nice screen sony, your just missing something

A GODDAMN COVER,

thank you nintendo, thanks

with the touchscreen and microphone there is a lot more potential than simply having good graphics,

the one reason that the DS is gonna kick ass
is that it forces producers to be creative.

did i mention VIRTUAL PUPPIES!!!!
YAY!!! NINTENDOGS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom