Program to Copy Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Is there a program that bypass's Copyrights on some of todays Games, like COD2 I bought it but I want backup for if mine gets all scratched up ya know ;-) What can I use.

Sweet dude. I have Alcohol 120% and Ultra ISO, and ISO Buster. Great programs. Never put em to use though. I only used them for the x64 Trial LoL. Well cool man. I'll have to give em a shot. Thanks man :)

Ok, now I'm lost got the Emulator thing. So how does this whole thing work. I have the original copy of my game. I put in the CD and now what? It says the emulator is to play games from a virtual drive. Not to burn them. I need something to remove the protection so I can burn them. I don't really understand some intructions. (easy ones) would be awesome. I have Alcohol 120% and the Emulator thing now what?

woot6600GT said:
I've always been confused about the whole "virtual drive" thing.
It's a way where you can trick the computer into thinking there is a CD / DVD in your optical drive. I have seen some lan cafes do that when there is no legal no CD Patch avalable for a game.

AuThoRitY said:
Ok, now I'm lost got the Emulator thing. So how does this whole thing work. I have the original copy of my game. I put in the CD and now what? It says the emulator is to play games from a virtual drive. Not to burn them. I need something to remove the protection so I can burn them. I don't really understand some intructions. (easy ones) would be awesome. I have Alcohol 120% and the Emulator thing now what?
Sorry for the delayed response/thanks for PMing me to get my attention...I didn't subscribe to this thread as I had meant to. Anyway, here we go...

D-Tools (DAEMON Tools, Link Here) will do two things for you... emulate protections on copied CDs, and make a "virtual drive" to mount disk images...hence it makes the game think the disk image is actually in a real drive.

So download that, and install it...then if you want to run it from a copied CD:
-right click the lightening bolt icon in bottom right tray, it's either red or green
-click emulation, and then "ALL OPTIONS ON", or just turn the specific one your game uses, if you feel like looking it up on D-Tool's web site.
-you should be good to go!

To run it from a image on the hard drive:
-use a program such as Alcohol 120%, CloneCD etc etc. and extract the image to your hard drive.
-left click the icon on bottom right tray, it's either red or green, point at one of the devices listed (may be one or two), such as Device 0, left click it.
-find the image that you saved using Alcohol 120 or whatever, and load it up! Now you have the cd 'in the drive'...auto play should work, or you can open My Computer and open the CD manually.

Hope that helps...let me know otherwise...!

Harper said:
I use a program called BUYTHEGAMEINSTEAD
It's called... I do buy the games. I dislike changing CDs, lending CDs to friends/family and getting them scractched up, losing the CD, etc. All my original game CDs are in mint condition...muahaha. And of course you must buy the game, otherwise you wouldn't be supporting it's development...and that's just wrong. :cool:

Xula said:
I dislike changing CDs, lending CDs to friends/family and getting them scractched up, losing the CD, etc.
I suppose you lend your friends/family your Game Serial Number and Possibly Steam Account too?

Harper said:
I suppose you lend your friends/family your Game Serial Number and Possibly Steam Account too?

Actually...I only got Half Life recently, as I never had high-speed...so I really never had a chance with it!

But yeah, I only lend the games to people I trust...and if I trust them with a game, the key is usually included. It's quite rare I play online though, so I usually would never notice...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom