Problem with Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you boot.ini tells me that your install is on the C:\ drive. What browser do you use? When you go to save a file do you use the saev feature or the open feature?

My default browser at the moment is Opera but I do have Internet Explorer.. I usually save files that I need and Open others that I don't really need to save. If that made any sense..

So any way I can transfer all the files to the C:/ Drive and make that my main Drive to store data?

In Opera click Tools>Preferences.

There go under the Download section and choose a new location for your downloads to save to. that problem is solved.

So change Dowload Folder from H:/ to C:/ ?

Done that...

now what about making the C:/ drive my main drive and transferring all files from H:/ to C:/? Would a reformat help tht?
Any program I try to install like Office, it has to manually changed to C:/.

Well then i would say that the Windows Disk Management screen doesnt show the partition tables right cause your OS is installed on H:\ then. Wouldnt be the first time it wasnt right.

I would say use that link i posted earlier on how to format and reinstall XP on the C:\ drive. From there delete all the data on the H:\ drive but the Recovery Folder.

Alright, I'll try that method and keep you guys posted.

Edit: So i install it XP on the H:/ Drive or the C:/ Drive? I only gave me one option last time and it was the H:/ Drive..

On the C:\ Drive. You wont have room on the H:\ drive.

Do you have a digital camera to take a pic of the disk selection screen at the Windows XP isntall phase? I will need that to give instructions on what to do.

Okay, so I've installed XP successfully on the C:/ but haven't deleted the one on the H:/ drive. This gives me two options during my startup. Is there anyway I can delete the 2nd OS from my PC? I'm not entirely sure on how to do it..thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom