Problem with Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I formetted and deleted XP Pro and reinstalled it. When windows starts up and I try to install a program it still says low hardrive space :S

Have I done the formatting properly? Maybe I overinstalled XP Pro over the preinstalled XP Home that was originally on PC again? During the format it only showed the XP Pro OS on the PC. Why didn't it show the original XP Home? Can the original XP Home be deleted at all? Need help guys.

Also when i do START>RUN>sysdm.cpl and go to Startup and Recovery, it only shows one OS installed. So why the low hardrive space?

PS: I booted using the XP Pro CD to uninstall the XP Pro..

UPDATE: I think my other OS is installed on the H/: RECOVERY Drive. Is it supposed to be there?

Are you sure it installed there? Did you direct it to install there? There is Windows information on that drive. Hence why it is called Recovery.

I think I installed the XP Pro over the XP Home so it overwrote all the boot files? So is it still bootable?

Why does everything I try to download go into the Recovery Drive? (H:/)??

Is it like a setting that I need to change or something? Thx for readin this guys, the response on these forums is really great and very helpful.

Alright do this.

Start>Right click on My Computer>Manage>Disk Management

Take a screenshot of that with the PrntScrn button up by the Insert key on the keyboard. From there open Paint under Start>accessories. Hit Ctrl+V to paste the PrntScrn image in paint. Save that file.

From there go to Photobucket or Imageshack.us and upload that image and paste the direct link in your next reply.

That will give me a idea of what is goin on with your drives.

Alright from what i see the C:\ drive is your system drive where Windows is loaded to. The H:\ Drive is your boot drive. The K:\ drive is fine as is.

From what i can tell your Windows install is on C:\. But from what i see the H:\ drive might also have your Windows isntall as well. Cause it is considered the boot drive and that only happens when you install Windows to the drive.

Do this now.

Start>Run>msconfig>boot.ini tab.

What does it say on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom