Potentially the longest thread in history...

Getting slightly worried about my system as I've had a few blips the past few days - a hard drive disappearing until I reboot, my main ether port showing as No Cable until I disable and re-enable, unexpected 5+ second lag spikes in games, lots of tab crashes...

I have a spare desktop I can use in a pinch but it's a good thing I'm looking at upgrading soon.

Some cars, the HVAC is simple, parts are easy to get at... Others, well, GOOD LUCK!!!

Intrepid = entire dash comes out for ANYTHING
Impala = Dash only comes out for heater core, everything else can be gotten from below the dash, granted, you turn into some awkward positions to get there!
Smacking it with the handle of my ratchet did the job :thumbsup:. I just had to take the kick-plate off from under my dash and contort a little bit to be able to get to it with enough leverage to give it a few good taps. All good now!

I just don't want to deal with anything that includes the dash. Like, I took my headunit out and didn't even bother buying a new one for replacement because it's such a bitch. No light, no proper mount, improper wiring diagrams for speaker cable, ridiculous amp to speaker configuration that requires a rewire for proper speakers....blah.

Yeah I have to take the 2/3 of my dash apart to get to my head unit as well...it's a PITA.

Getting slightly worried about my system as I've had a few blips the past few days - a hard drive disappearing until I reboot, my main ether port showing as No Cable until I disable and re-enable, unexpected 5+ second lag spikes in games, lots of tab crashes...

I have a spare desktop I can use in a pinch but it's a good thing I'm looking at upgrading soon.

Better start the backup procedure!

Lol I love that kind of thing, I use it as an excuse for myself. "ah well, my PC is dieing, suppose I best order a new one".

In other news, I bought a PS4 Pro at the weekend because Red Dead Redemption 2. It will probably come out on PC eventually, but can I wait 1 to 2 years for my all time favorite franchise to arrive on PC and spend all that time ignoring all news, memes and info about the game ? big fat NOPE.

Good news.....500gb SSD's are now selling for under $100.

Good news.....500gb SSD's are now selling for under $100.
If I upgrade I'll probably go for a 256 M.2 NVME as a boot drive, and use my 250 SATA SSD for games. Make it feel like 2005!

Edit: To be honest, I might go single-drive for this build (if I end up getting it) to begin with, but get a micro-ATX mobo with two M.2 slots to add another 256 or 512 down the line. That way I can eschew SATA altogether.

Last edited:
If I upgrade I'll probably go for a 256 M.2 NVME as a boot drive, and use my 250 SATA SSD for games. Make it feel like 2005!

Edit: To be honest, I might go single-drive for this build (if I end up getting it) to begin with, but get a micro-ATX mobo with two M.2 slots to add another 256 or 512 down the line. That way I can eschew SATA altogether.
I did that a while ago. **** having extra cables.

All my systems are 3.5" SATA , running from duel cores to 8 core Xeons on my Servers.

Got my Sat dish in the corner and individual monitors set up for the direct interaction with my systems for SETI ..

Top 25% People. :cool:

EDIT: You know Spuds loving that **** ..

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I mite be moving house \ property soon.

My old man is constantly on my case lately about moving away from this area and starting fresh in a new area and becoming more independent and not having family so close.

I want to move as well, I just simply can't be bothered with the chew and hassle of it all and have dug my heels in and been stubborn about it because I am settled were I am.

If this happens it will happen before Christmas, and if not then it wont happen for at least another two years.

I just don't want to move and go threw all that **** again, so despite my property being so small I'm prepared to live with it for the time being.

I just don't know what to do to be honest as well, if I move away it will be out the area and starting fresh is daunting to say the least least of all the hassle with moving account over for everything I have and own like Fuel, Broadband Ect:

I just don't know what to do, I would love a room with a computer set-up and sit their in that **** all day but man, its gonna be a 2 too 4 month nightmare getting set-up on my landlords account and then moving with them and then having too settle back in with the likes of new nabours.

WTF man am I supposed to do. I just don't know.

^ I just moved half way across the country two weeks ago. It really isn't that difficult -- I've done it twice now :tongue:

^ I just moved half way across the country two weeks ago. It really isn't that difficult -- I've done it twice now :tongue:

I'm moving. I know I just posted that above but now its happening. I have just contacted my old man and asked for his help with transportation and getting things up and running.

I have to go to my local authority and do a load of paperwork and he has said he will taxi me around. Thats what the problem was. I don't have the transportation and I don't know were I'm going when I go to my local contact center in order to see my local authority and get the ball rolling with the paperwork ect:

I'll be out of hear in three months. My mobility is an issue. This is why I have been so reluctant because I also have family on this housing estate and I know everyone all over the place from the very top end of the estate to the next three estates over.

If I have the taxi being my old man, well ... that's 50% of the battle anyways for me. The rest is just a waiting game when it comes to bidding for property's with my local council.

Back
Top Bottom