Potentially the longest thread in history...

if you're saying you stay home/alone because you literally hate other people and can't stand being around them because you think they're all boring/stupid, I'd say that's incredibly narcissistic not just introverted.

As for setting up strawmans and expecting me to argue against them? Yeah nah, I'd prefer not to thanks - I'll leave you to throw all the childish insults you want. As an example, I said "Staying at home because you're actively trying to avoid dealing with social situations means you're psychologically under-developed". You decided to twist that into "oh so I have issues because I hate listening to dumb bull**** at parties". Yeah, that's exactly what I said...not.

All I can say (again) is read any respected/medical source on the subject and the very first thing that 99% of them will cover is how wrong it is to assign the attributes that you are to a personality type as if they're intrinsic to it. It's such a simple ****ing point: being shy is not a prerequisite of being introverted.

For me at least, it was very welcome information as far as my personality went that I could get better at the things I wasn't good at. I'm still the person to the side/corner who isn't saying too much and probably is having a hard time concentrating with so much going on, but am much more functional out than I was 2 or 5 years ago. But extroverted? Pffft :p

Anyway, I think you're taking it way too personally for some reason, so again I'm just gonna leave it. At the very least, I'm glad you two are finally agreeing over something :p

Yes I said I hate everyone and everyone is boring and stupid. And I am the one putting words in your mouth :p

Not really, it's just correct. People that go out clubbing and **** are generally all as PP described. Generally loud, obnoxious, annoying. Yes I am sure a small percentage of them are cool people but generally no. Just like some people in a gay bar are probably not gay. It's not like I haven't tried such socializing before, I reluctantly go out into town 4 times a year with work and every single club and bar is just full of the kind of dick wads I hate. It's not that they're bad people or that there is anything *wrong* per se with their personality, I just do not like it. Just like those people don't like quiet people and call people like me boring and tell me to get a life. Each to their own.

Plus me and PP agree more than y'all think it's just we don't drop it when we disagree and start arguing :p

Last edited:
I reluctantly go out into town 4 times a year with work and every single club and bar is just full of the kind of dick wads I hate.

Need to drag you over to Brum, I go to a lot of tabletop gaming type stuff that you might enjoy. Very different crowd than the partying/clubbing crowd and generally leads to better friends since there's a lot of meaningful and interesting convo going on.

Need to drag you over to Brum, I go to a lot of tabletop gaming type stuff that you might enjoy. Very different crowd than the partying/clubbing crowd and generally leads to better friends since there's a lot of meaningful and interesting convo going on.

That would be a sight for sore eyes

God damn this weather is starting to get to me. Yesterday was 37c/99f and hot/dry af, today it's 23c/73f with huge black clouds and near 100% humidity -_- da ****

Not really, it's just correct. People that go out clubbing and **** are generally all as PP described. Generally loud, obnoxious, annoying.

Damn straight lol, I've only gone out clubbing once in the last 3 years (2 weeks ago actually), and that was to keep an eye on my little bro going for the first time. I'm not bagging out people who don't like the clubbing/partying scenes, if that's what you thought I meant then I do apologize, it's certainly not.

By "social situations" I meant anything from going to a friends house to meet with a small group of people, going to the beach, hitting up a nice pub with some work friends, meeting up for a casual ride around the city/lake, going down to the Uni tav to meet an old friend for a catch-up, etc.

edit: got the house :D now yet another 5 week countdown to final settlement day.

Last edited:
God damn this weather is starting to get to me. Yesterday was 37c/99f and hot/dry af, today it's 23c/73f with huge black clouds and near 100% humidity -_- da ****

Damn straight lol, I've only gone out clubbing once in the last 3 years (2 weeks ago actually), and that was to keep an eye on my little bro going for the first time. I'm not bagging out people who don't like the clubbing/partying scenes, if that's what you thought I meant then I do apologize, it's certainly not.

By "social situations" I meant anything from going to a friends house to meet with a small group of people, going to the beach, hitting up a nice pub with some work friends, meeting up for a casual ride around the city/lake, going down to the Uni tav to meet an old friend for a catch-up, etc.

edit: got the house :D now yet another 5 week countdown to final settlement day.

Fair enough. Congrats on the house anyway.

Now if my £1500 of BTC could increase to $250k so I can buy the new Tesla Roadster, that would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom