Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I really liked it, but I can not forgive the city sizes and while the simulation level is largely good, a lot of it is pseudo-simulation.

But can you really expect a desktop PC to truly simulate 250,000 people ? I'd wager it'd be really quite intensive.

Seriously considering getting a pair of HiFiMan HE 400 headphones. Would be my first set of planar magnetic headphones.

comparison_he400-500.jpg

And this. Schiit Modi & Magni stack.

Schitt-Magni-Modi-Headphone-Amps.jpg

Last edited:

I really liked it, but I can not forgive the city sizes and while the simulation level is largely good, a lot of it is pseudo-simulation.

But can you really expect a desktop PC to truly simulate 250,000 people ? I'd wager it'd be really quite intensive.

Seriously considering getting a pair of HiFiMan HE 400 headphones. Would be my first set of planar magnetic headphones.

snip
I'd wager it would be fine.

Perhaps. But neither of us have the programming skill to ever put it to the test.

Bear in mind i'm talking about your normal modern desktop PC e.g. Core i3. Not 6 core i7's.

So am I. I'd be willing to bet most people who play the game probably have some form of quad chip.

Too bad we can't see the results of Origin's spying to see what hardware people have that play specific games.

Just thinking about it a bit more. If you were simming 250K people, that means you are going to be simming 50K cars in rush hour minimum.

Thats not happening on a CPU or GPU front lol. Total War games kill PCs when you get to those figures, and they are only simulating things on a group AI level, which is much less intensive than every soldier individually of course.

Gotta ask where you got the 250k number from, because it's been proven you can play the game entirely without their "server offload".

Huh ? With the 250K figure I was referring to the upper population limit in the new SimCity. Most people struggle to get beyond that.

Due to the limitations put on by needing the cloud. They want more people to interact making bigger cities together, which we all know is code for "reduces server load".

I bet there will be hacks to raise city limits once the offline mod/crack is wide.

Back
Top Bottom