Potentially the longest thread in history...

sales.... and analysis...

developers gather this info (specially netcraft info) to determine the OS/Hosting environment [apache/litespeed/nginx,etc], PHP version, etc... so they see who uses what technologies... they use the data for several reasons...

specially if I wanted to go with nginx to make my pages faster. I can use the addon and keep an eye out for site that use it and see how fast they really perform before I install it on my server...

very useful info for many aspects of the industry!

The addon I use also geo-locates the IP so I can see the reason a site may be laggy....

Re: Today I have...

Today I went to the doctor, got told I need an arthogram or whatever on my shoulder, and that I can now go back to work, but basically cannot do any of the activities my job requires. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

They do that kinda thing to say yes you are legally fit for some work activity but not your current job, it's to stop workman's comp or disability living allowance (in the UK), basically it's a way to stop dicks getting a minor wound or illness (think thermally induced sniffles {a cold}).

The whole point is you are legally OK for some work but if your ONLY opportunity is doing as I believe in your case pool installation involving general building skills your ****ed so you are entitled to it at tribunal or appeal, you can and should talk to your equivalent of social services and explain the situation if you can't work.

I actually don't install pools anymore, but am still doing construction. Most of the work is over my head, and I'm not allowed to do anything over my head. I'm also not allowed to climb a ladder, lift a certain weight for longer than an hour, and several other things. Basically I'm not allowed to do my job, but I can go do my job. It's stupid, but we'll see what happens I guess. Worse case scenario I injure it more. Also, I'm definitely ****ed about it, but there isn't much I can do.

Silly question is this work related or a natural condition?
Also is this covered by your medical insurance?

Back
Top Bottom