Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Been going through the cables I want to take to my new place, and have counted almost 20 ethernet cables despite me only ever having bought one. And that's not among them.

It was only 3/4 years to set the NHS up in the UK post world war 2, what's odd is doctors remarked they where doing better with the NHS than not till I think it was 1955 doctors gave away a smoke in the office to calm patains nerves and where gave a allowance for them.

I will say the cost of a operation is expensive in the USA, but needlessly so I mean my dad has had 2 bypass operations and a artificial valve fitted and a few other less serious operations and that would have cost best part of a million in the USA, not to mention the meds he is on daily would be close to a few hundred a week. My dad pays £12 a month for his meds and he chooses to pay (1 is warfarin the other is about 9 pills) so £6 per lot, he is on my private cover for things like dental and additional cover such as home cover for a nurse visit once a month to check on a few things, but again that was by choice because he has had a heart operation his dental is free an carried out at the Dental hospital and the nurse visit is on the plan as a Saturday is better for him as because he fells well enough he works. The nurse that comes out checks his BP, his Warfarin level and a few other things that the NHS nurse would cover but it's just that he gets to select a much better time.

Hell for me the NHS has given me treatment, and VERY good follow up care. My nose got broke it got broken again an reset then monthly follow ups, I am on meds for a long standing injury and follow up care for that injury initially physio then regular check ups.

It boggles my mind that the US dosent have it.

Well tomorrow everyone else will go back to work and we will be busy again. So I guess its good to have a slow day.

It was only 3/4 years to set the NHS up in the UK post world war 2, what's odd is doctors remarked they where doing better with the NHS than not till I think it was 1955 doctors gave away a smoke in the office to calm patains nerves and where gave a allowance for them.

I will say the cost of a operation is expensive in the USA, but needlessly so I mean my dad has had 2 bypass operations and a artificial valve fitted and a few other less serious operations and that would have cost best part of a million in the USA, not to mention the meds he is on daily would be close to a few hundred a week. My dad pays £12 a month for his meds and he chooses to pay (1 is warfarin the other is about 9 pills) so £6 per lot, he is on my private cover for things like dental and additional cover such as home cover for a nurse visit once a month to check on a few things, but again that was by choice because he has had a heart operation his dental is free an carried out at the Dental hospital and the nurse visit is on the plan as a Saturday is better for him as because he fells well enough he works. The nurse that comes out checks his BP, his Warfarin level and a few other things that the NHS nurse would cover but it's just that he gets to select a much better time.

Hell for me the NHS has given me treatment, and VERY good follow up care. My nose got broke it got broken again an reset then monthly follow ups, I am on meds for a long standing injury and follow up care for that injury initially physio then regular check ups.

It boggles my mind that the US dosent have it.

While the costs listed for medical related things here are absurdly high anyone who does have insurance pays nowhere close to that. Obviously the current system is far from good but until this point the government has done as much harm as good when they have tried to change things.

The system the US government setup would not be anywhere near what the UK has. Knowing them, they would probably set it up to screw the American public over more than what insurance companies do now.

FYI All of the Galaxy S and SII phones can easily be calibrated using third party apps and the Galaxy SII actually gives you the option to pick from several different color presets without the need for extra software.

Thats a pretty decent app, but it doesn't mean you can get accurate colors. Just like monitors no matter how much you calibrate a TN panel the IPS panel is always going to be better in most circumstances.

The system the US government setup would not be anywhere near what the UK has. Knowing them, they would probably set it up to screw the American public over more than what insurance companies do now.

The NHS isn't all that good. Just depends where you are and what hospital you have. Some are good, some are not so good. Our NHS sucks at cancer supposedly, amongst the worst in Europe. Though I think they have realised this as there has been quite a lot of investment in cancer treatment tech from the luck of things. But you hear often of how cancer patients travel abroad, often to the US.

The nice thing is being able to ring an ambulance or go into hospital and not worry about paying a single penny.

Our gov also don't pay for air ambulances, they are charitable organisations and rely alot on people donating. Which is bad, our gov should pay. In situations like having a heart attack or bleeding profusely the chance of you surviving is heavily based on how quick you can get to hospital and there is no doubt Heli's get your there quicker.

Also there are cases in the news where the NHS have refused ill patients life saving pills because they are too expensive, despite these people paying all this money in tax's - which again is kind of disgusting.

Today I went for a 3.5 hour walk/hike in a german forest during a small storm, smoked a cigar in the middle of it all. Favourite part of the trip so far

Thats a pretty decent app, but it doesn't mean you can get accurate colors. Just like monitors no matter how much you calibrate a TN panel the IPS panel is always going to be better in most circumstances.

True, however considering nearly all popular smartphones with the exception of the older Motorola Droid models are not properly calibrated from the factory I wouldn't be surprised if those apps put Samsung phones ahead of the competition when it comes to color accuracy.

TBH even if the screen is over saturated I still think it would be better than any LCD display for a home theater since you wouldn't be doing any media creation that requires perfect color accuracy. Plasma has always been the technology of choice for av enthusiasts and OLED offers many of the same advantages that make it great such as excellent blacks, exceptional contrast, and fast response times. Plus OLED gets you much lower power consumption and thinner devices with smaller bezels than Plasma.

Back
Top Bottom