Potentially the longest thread in history...

RAM Disk?
we have a winner!

Yep, It has to be! Look at his ram usage under the task man :p

Allthough, He's only getting like 3000k's a second, that's like the speed of old crappy DDR ram.

I am wondering about that too
speed seems to increase as I up the capacity
3GB was getting 500MB less, that's why soul said it was faster than before :X
I am using half of my 8GB, so maybe that's why its half the speed?
What the...

hey WHAT?! now it's even faster than before!

it's pretty much my scratch disk now... moved temp file directory onto there

Dear SP.

Can you please change your avatar, I find it rather reminiscent of Jurrasic park and it is quite disturbing to view when you are scared of Velociraptors.

Worried in Liverpool.

Dear Worried in Liverpool,

Please don't worry. Everything will be fine.

And don't be afraid of velociraptors, they're very much maligned and misunderstood (they're a lot like Ebeneezer Goode in that respect).

Also, I really, really like dark chocolate hobnobs at the moment. Which is strange because I don't generally like dark chocolate. I think it must be the crunchy yet chewy oats coupled with the oh-so-slightly bitter taste of the wonderful rich dark brown chocolate. Or it might just be the colour of the packet, but anyway, I really like them.

Your Servant,
b

Dearest Hefe,

I thank you for your concern. I promise I will be very careful on my rock. I am yet to fall from anything whilst balancing on it in this manner. I am unsure as to whether this fact makes it more or less likely that I will fall off any precipice I balance on in the future, so I will be doubly careful just in case.

May your hat catch all the drinking water you will ever need.

Many thanks and kind regards,
b

Back
Top Bottom