Politics thread (continuing from h/w)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm particularily fond of Bush, with the whole taxing BC lumber and threatening us with our whole decriminalization proposal and what not, but I really don't follow politics so I really don't know much about it.

As for actual Americans, nothing against any of them, the whole north american feud is really just a joke that some people take stupidly seriously and blow it outta proportion.

But ehhhh whatever, America is cool by my books, and some people really overreact with politics sometimes.

good weed
Don't you forget it!

Chankama said:

I am so thankful there isn't a motion in our Constitution to grant the President full emergency powers, because if there was, Bush would already be our "Emperor." After the scare of 9/11 and Bush's short-lived 90% approval rating, don't think for one moment Congress wouldn't have granted Bush this power.

That is a scary thought, thank god that a law link that doesnt exist! We would all be either dead or dying right now.

-Ryan

I doubt Bush would have us all killed, but he would control our every actions. He already wants to make a law stating it illegal for men to go shirtless. I'm serious about that.

I would love to see how he could enfore that law here in kentucky and in hot areas on work sites where the build house's and bigger buildings.

One of the things that attracted me to this forum was the lack of political threads and staying within the "tech" if you will. Now having said that I feel compelled to inject my 2 cents, I will not respond as what I post here will be my only rebuttal to what I see as just plain rubbish on some peoples part.

First off, this Bush=Hitler garbage has to stop. If you can equate President Bush to a murderer of millions of Jews and tens of millions of others around Europe then please refrain from ever replying to any of my posts here.

The President cannot make laws! Let me repeat that, the President cannot make laws. Only Congress has the power to create legislation, the President signs or does not sign that legislation into law. The statement that President Bush is trying to make a law banning men from going shirtless should really be backed up with verifiable evidence and/or please stop spreading falsehoods.

For a president that has so-called stomped on freedom and civil rights let's take a partial look at his record so far.

30 million freed form the brutal oppressive Taliban in Afghanistan.

25 million freed from a murdering, torturing, kidnapping, rapist "Butcher of Baghdad" in Iraq. You can hate President Bush all you want but your eyes still must see the over half a million bodies being pulled from mass graves all over Iraq.

For the first time in nearly 1 century the Afghan people had free elections and women were allowed to vote AND run for office. Pre-Bush, women were beaten and killed for showing their face in public.

8 1/2 million Iraqi's for the first time in 50 years had free elections and again, women were allowed to vote AND run for political office.

Kuwait for the first time has allowed women to vote and run for office after the Bush administration pressured them to do so.

It was the United States under President Bush that pressured Syria to withdrawal it's troops from Lebanon after decades of occupation.

Israel and the Palestinian people are closer than ever to reaching a true peace accord that would see the realization of a Palestinian state.

There has not been another terrorist attack on American soil since 9-11. Bill Clinton had 8 under his belt and did nothing to combat terrorism here or abroad.

African Americans have been appointed to the highest of positions under President Bush, something his predecessor failed to do. If anyone can look at Colon Powell's and Condi Rice's background and education and call them "tokens" then your way lost to the left and will never see the truth.

Not a bad record when it comes to freedom and democracy so far is it? Freedom and democracy is spreading across the Middle East at a break-neck speed and President Bush is largely responsible.

Now, do I think President Bush is without fault? Absolutely not! But he is no Hitler, he is no "Emperor" nor is he a dictator. President Bush is doing what he can only do within the laws to protect America.

Now onto President Bush and God. It was John Kerry who was campaigning in churches, which is illegal by the way, not President Bush. Kerry did it in such a way as to skirt the laws but none the less he did it.

Bill Clinton mentioned God more in public speaking then President Bush ever did and yet no one calls Clinton on it, only President Bush gets flack for mentioning God.

Talking about God, Clinton vs Bush.

Now I was no fan of Bill Clinton but my dislike came from actual policies and real news events. You may not like President Bush and that's fine. Dislike him not because someone told you lies your ready to believe into but because you have policy and or personal differences with the man based on fact, not emotion.

Now if you would excuse me, I have some tech threads to reply to. Have a nice day all. :)

Here is some stats, the President has great power to pass laws, he can submit a law at anytime and he has a lot of pressure on the Legislative branch, so yes in a way he can create laws.

Now for the stats, he wants to control women. He wants to take the right of abortion away because it is his "religous" belief that abortion is wrong. Well I'm sorry but I do believe that I speak for women when I say they should choose, not some man in a suit coat that has no idea what is going on.

This is a man that wants to make gay mariage illegal, why you ask? Becuase it is again, against his religous belief. A country based on the principles of freedom of religon has been so heavly smothered in it that laws are created around it. I am sorry but let them be, how dare you put your finger in someone else's life. Stay OUT of someones personal life and dont you dare think about using that excuse about terrorism.

He has dont nothing for the economy, except lower the value of te American doller to an almost all time low. He has lowered the number of jobs available due to outsourcing and a lower economy. And what does he do? Let people from forign countries in to work, he said in the jobs that no one else wanted. Is that why Microsoft and other software developemnt companys scooped up the some 60,000+ jobs for forign workers? Why, because they will work for a lower wage.

Let us not forget the poor, has anyone ever heard of East St. Louis? Do you have ANY idea how poor that area is, google it and read up on how disgusting that is. Maybe Bush should worrie about America before those other countries. Maybe, and I take this from a great commerical, maybe he should be putting up more schools here and fire houses here instead of in another country that has nothing to do with us. He helps others well he watches us sink lower and lower.

Now I would not go so far as to call Bush Hitler but he has a nack for using propaganda to get his way.

He doesnt want to let people live, he doesnt support stem cell research because it is against his religon. I am sick of this country being run by a man that is drivin by his beliefes instead of what the people need. He cant even speak, I say go ask him what soverenignty means.

Tell me, could you help your nabior as you watch your kids suffer?

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom