Phantom pain. Metal gear forum

I either suck at stealth, the guards have super vision or both.

I'm lucky to sneak and kill one guard before others see me and I'm only on mission 2.

If I can't see a guars how can they see me.

Any tips.

I wind up jusy killing 90 percent of the guards with machine guns.

Help. Super frustrated

Mets

I'd say to be very sure you use your binos from higher elevation and mark everything you can mark before going into an outpost. If you have the patience, mark from different angles to be sure to get hidden guards.

Mets

I'd say to be very sure you use your binos from higher elevation and mark everything you can mark before going into an outpost. If you have the patience, mark from different angles to be sure to get hidden guards.

Been there. Tried that. Still got spotted.

Even squatting and moving slow the guy turned around and started firing and calling other guards.

I can walk you through the first two infiltrations Metsphan.

If you're getting the Intel go to the left of the base. There's a long trench that goes all the way to the back. Crawl through it and you shouldn't get spotted. At the end is a long building that looks like a self storage building with two guards at the end. The first two doors have items in them and the third will lead out to the front of the building. Those two guards won't see you. When you get to the front walk up a little ways and you'll see the stairs needed to get in the building for the Intel. There is one guards who patrols the well lit room to the right of the stairs so you may want to neutralize him.

You really only need to get past two guards to reach Kaz. Go all the way to the right side of the base they're hiding him in out of enemy view. This should be easy as long as you don't get too close. Once you're on the outside right of the base You'll be able to crawl up and to the left all the way to a small wall you'll have to jump over. The building he's in is literally right over the wall with two guards. One patrols the back of the building and ones on the right side. You should be able to slide in without alarming them. Once you have kaz you should be able to Sprint to the lz even if you get spotted.

Last edited:
About 15 hours in and it's finally clicking. Really liking it.

I do not like the in game currency though. Haven't had to buy points yet but if I do I'm going to be mad.

About 15 hours in and it's finally clicking. Really liking it.

I do not like the in game currency though. Haven't had to buy points yet but if I do I'm going to be mad.
I think the real money currency is mb points used in online play. The money in single player is gmp. You're farther in the game than I am but you shouldn't need the mb points.

Gmp seems pretty easy to come by so far. Even after restoring all the platforms in mother base and upgrading the equipment I regularly use it took less than half of what I had.

I had to abandon my no kills stealth run during the honeybee mission. My whole infiltration strategy is based on going in at night and by the time I got to the main objective it was daytime. At least the missions go by faster when you're willing to kill.

Hmm.. this sounds like a game that will be a good filler until the new Fallout comes out. I have been playing BL2 and cant progress on Solo in TVHM at level 50 ( part 2 "where Angels fear to go " or something like that. The Enemies are now bullet sponges, and are very immune to most elementals, and basically one shot kill me. SO, this may be the next purchase.

I think the real money currency is mb points used in online play. The money in single player is gmp. You're farther in the game than I am but you shouldn't need the mb points.

Gmp seems pretty easy to come by so far. Even after restoring all the platforms in mother base and upgrading the equipment I regularly use it took less than half of what I had.

I had to abandon my no kills stealth run during the honeybee mission. My whole infiltration strategy is based on going in at night and by the time I got to the main objective it was daytime. At least the missions go by faster when you're willing to kill.

I dint think I did that mission yet. I have done all the side missions though.

My best scenario was I made it all the way through the base and did the objectives. Right as my helicopter was landing a bear attacked me and killed me.

I did get the kids in America tape.

I dint think I did that mission yet. I have done all the side missions though.

My best scenario was I made it all the way through the base and did the objectives. Right as my helicopter was landing a bear attacked me and killed me.

I did get the kids in America tape.
You're probably pretty close to where I am then. I think the honeybee mission is number 7 in the main list. Did you know, including side ops, there are something like 200 missions in the game?

Did you go back and catch the bear? You supposedly get a game preserve on mother base at some point and can put them there.

It looks like the diamonds on mother base respawn so you can farm them for gmp at least once a day. There are normally 4 on each strut good for 40000 plus you can redo the target practice on each one for another 30000.

Also remember to log in for your reward daily. They just gave me 3-5x the amount of biological materials that I had found up to this point in game.

Back
Top Bottom