PC Blue Screen Error

Sounds like a hardware issue this... can you take out the battery and leave the charger in and try and boot?

This is why you never do updates on battery power. You always plug in the AC adaptor.
I believe the system didn't have a low battery setting switched on. If it did then as the battery reached a level preset it would shut down or go to sleep or what ever you had it set for. But if you didn't this would allow the battery to continue to discharge until the system didn't have enough power to operate. That includes parking the heads on the hard drive.
When the head crashes in to the platter you will loose data and physically damage the platter. If the head was damaged and is hung, that can sometimes lead to hamstringing the rest of the system.

Open her up and remove the hard drive. On AC power see if it will boot up to the bios. Leave the battery out as the system will devote a lot of power to trying to recharge the battery. If you deep discharged the battery odds are against you getting it to recover to a useable state anyway.

Drives are cheap for laptops. If the drive is boinked, just get another one and reload windows.

To access your bios, this method is for Windows 8, but it might work for Windows 10 also.
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht081446
The F2 key is the recommended method for windows 7

This. Go into BIOS if you can, and check the items I mentioned.

If you can't get into BIOS, then remove your batter / AC adapter, hold the power button for around 15 - 30 seconds, and then reinsert everything to see if you can get the prompts.

Then see if you can boot off of the Windows disc and perform the bootloader repairs.

This. Go into BIOS if you can, and check the items I mentioned.

If you can't get into BIOS, then remove your batter / AC adapter, hold the power button for around 15 - 30 seconds, and then reinsert everything to see if you can get the prompts.

Then see if you can boot off of the Windows disc and perform the bootloader repairs.

OK, I can get into the BIOS now after the battery thing but what should I do now??

OK, I can get into the BIOS now after the battery thing but what should I do now??

Check your boot order and make sure that the disc drive or USB option is before the HDD boot option. Once you've confirmed that, try to boot off of the disc/flash drive for Windows again and follow the Tweakhound article I linked to repair your bootloader.

Check your boot order and make sure that the disc drive or USB option is before the HDD boot option. Once you've confirmed that, try to boot off of the disc/flash drive for Windows again and follow the Tweakhound article I linked to repair your bootloader.

IT WORKED !!!!! WHOOOOO
thank you Carnage and everyone else that helped

Back
Top Bottom