Online Gaming????

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
I'm new at networking. Just got a DSL installed.

I wanted to play Halo and games like that on the internet via my DSL but when I run Halo It doesn't show any online players. The first time I ran Halo's multiplayer it showed "A connection could not have been established"

What am I missing???

Do you have a firewall? If, when searching for servers in halo, you minimize the game you may find a firewall asking for permission to allow the program to access the internet.

Yeah i agree with him, press ALT+Tab while in game when connecting to allow the connection to the internet, Zone alarm did that for me, then i allowed it and it worked.
Give it a shot, then inform us :laughing:

Assuming you are playing Halo on your PC, or is it on your XBOX? How is said device connected to your router? Does it have internet access?

I play on pc. And yes when i minimize the game an option of "unblock halo" is there. I unblock it but still no luck. I have the phone wire conected to a filter which then connects to a modam. From there a lan cable (the big one) conects to my laptop. Its a 512kbps net. And yes i can connect to the internet. What am i missing now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom