November gaming

I bought it after BF3 was out so never got to experience the MP side of the game. I figure destruction must be a big deal with the fully destructible environments.

BC2 was my all time favorite. I was disappointed when the environments weren't as destructible as in BC2. Good way to get rid of campers in a house? Blow up the walls and put C4 on the building supports/columns and make it tumble down :lol:.

Had some epic matches in BC2 with friends too.

One of 'em was at Atacama Desert. Was me and 2 friends playing with a bunch of randoms playing Conquest. Was a super close game. Near the end it was like 20-15, enemy's favor. They managed to get 2 of the 3 conquest points, so we were behind and losing tickets quickly. A buddy and I jumped in an attack chopper and debated (quickly) what to do. We ended up going to one of the far points where there was no action, bailed out of the chopper, and started taking it. Ticket count was around 15-7 at this point, so it's getting really close. We took Charlie, and defended it while our teammates defended the other point we previously had. Enemy ticket count dropped rapidly and ours stayed fairly constant. We won with a final ticket count of around 3-0.

The other really fun one from BC2 I remember was while playing one of the snow maps (can't remember which one), the opposing team ended up switching all entirely to medics with lightweight bonus, and used nothing except defibs. This was when defibs were an insta-kill. It started out as just 1 or 2 people being medics. Then the whole team switched to medics and stayed in groups. So you'd be getting chased by 3-4 medics, and you'd shoot 1 or 2 down, but the ones behind them would revive their fallen comrades, jump over them, and head straight for you. Eventually run out of ammo, and you'd get zapped lol. Granted we still won...but it was the most fun I've ever had in BF lol.

I cant recall all the insane moments we had playing BC2... one time I was driving an ATV and hauling a$$ with mantooth on the back, I went to jump a ramp that led into a building as an enemy combatant was running out of the building and we collided and i killed him, he must have got punted 250 in the air. It was epic

Then there was the time rhutard killed everyone but me while running around in a jeep on the excellent vietnam DLC

Last edited:
Far Cry 2 IMO sucked hard.

We are in total agreement on this. I finally wound up finishing FC2 a while back (after it sat around for a couple of years) and wish I hadn't. Crap story, crap game.

I loved far cry 3. One of the best games this past generation. Yes the story was on especially with what they did with Voss the villian.

Villain of the year was a toss-up between Vaas and Handsome Jack. They both deserved it.

Speaking of that Where the fcuk is BFBC3?

BC2 was my all time favorite. I was disappointed when the environments weren't as destructible as in BC2.

Did you mean BC1 here? I loved the SP campaign in the original Bad Company. It bummed me out when they became super-soldiers in BC2 instead of the inept, bumbling screw-ups they were in the original.

I'm hesitant on a lot of stuff coming out in fall. It's time for the AC controls to go back to sucking (AC1 and AC3 had horribly broken controls that only worked on the sixth Friday of every month) so I'm leery of that. Not sure about The Crew or Driveclub - I want a driving/racing game, but the only one I've ever fallen hard for was Forza 2 and then Forza 3 due to the deep garage/customization options/etc.

Little Big Planet with Fry and Laurie as well as Lego Batman are probably the best bets for me. If I can find AC or Far Cry cheap enough, I might bite.

Did you mean BC1 here? I loved the SP campaign in the original Bad Company. It bummed me out when they became super-soldiers in BC2 instead of the inept, bumbling screw-ups they were in the original.

Didn't play BC1.

Back
Top Bottom