Not letting me install wireless network driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Alaska

In Runtime
Howzit everyone, I have a tohiba satellite A305 windows vista home premium 64-bit with a intel wireless wifi link 4965AGN. the 12.0.0.82 driver that i have right now is sometimes giving me the blue screen of death and causing my computer to take a long time before it sleeps (173 sec) I went to the intel website and found out that they do have a updated driver which is the 12.2.0.0 version for my wireless card so i downloaded it and when i went to install it, it keeps on telling me that "i do not have sufficient security privileges to install hardware. Contact your site admin or log out and log back in as admin" My user account is an admin account, however my UAC is on but i dont think that that is the problem. is there anything i could do to possibly get around this?

thanks for the help in advance.

You may also need to sign as /the/ administrator account, not an account with admin privelidges.

Also, you may need to uninstall the older drivers before installing the new ones.

I have tried unistalling the old one but it still wont let me install the newer one and im positive its the 64 bit edition of it. and i know i have an admin account because i set this computer up and i made my profile the admin profile. is there a way to be even more of an admin? lol.

Thanks dude! that worked perfect for letting me open up the .exe file but for some reason it is saying that the driver cannot install. and i know for a fact that i have the right driver because i have a intel wireless wifi 4965AGN NIC and the driver i had was the intel wirelss wifi 4965AGN 64-bit for windows vista! and that is exactly what i have so i dont know what exactly is going on there but thank you for your help ill try and see if i can find out some way to get this driver installed.

I don't have a solution for your problem, but I am curious as to know why you have not disabled the UAC? It is possibly the most annoying thing that has ever been put into a windows OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom