No Man's Sky - Are You Even Ready??

Wasn't really Sony's fault - they were just hired to do the marketing. Sean Murray was talking out of his *** just a few months before release, still being extremely vague and basically lying.

Doom. That's my GOTY, anyway.

Other contenders:
Deus Ex
Far Cry Primal
XCOM 2
Ratchet & Clank
Mirrors Edge

Future possible contenders:
BF1
Titanfall 2
Dooms great I started it over the weekend

Ausaris--gotta be honest...kind of a dick move semi-spoiling the "ending."

Added 'spoilers' to the post in case anybody cares.

Dooms great I started it over the weekend

Indeed it is - enjoy it. I played it 3 times so far..and I rarely (if ever) do that to SP games. Played through Hurt Me Plenty, Ultra-Violence, and just beat Nightmare on Saturday night finally. Not sure how well I'd like it on console though - I feel like it'd be slower movement wise.

I think GOTY will boil down to 3 games: Overwatch, Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3. I think Overwatch is easily one of the best playing and handling FPS games ever made, but it is fairly bare-bones and the unlock (loot box) thing is absolutely retarded. For that reason I feel like it is going to come down to Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 unless something mind blowing comes along. Based on previous years I feel like Uncharted has it in the bag.

I think GOTY will boil down to 3 games: Overwatch, Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3. I think Overwatch is easily one of the best playing and handling FPS games ever made, but it is fairly bare-bones and the unlock (loot box) thing is absolutely retarded. For that reason I feel like it is going to come down to Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 unless something mind blowing comes along. Based on previous years I feel like Uncharted has it in the bag.

I don't know. BF1 and TF2 are going to make a big splash.

I don't know. BF1 and TF2 are going to make a big splash.

I am really excited for both of those, but when was the last time a FPS won GOTY? I guess it depends on the site/publication, but I know the most popular ones (Game Informer, Gamespot, IGN, Metacritic etc) never give it to FPS games. Not saying it won't happen, but it is highly unlikely.

TF2 will be pushed back to feb or mar I have a feeling.

They currently are releasing it the same day as battlefield which makes no sense as they both are published by ea......I think it's ea

Added 'spoilers' to the post in case anybody cares.

Thanks, I actually hadn't thought of that before posting. My bad. I still feel people might be better off having it spoiled before coming to it themselves, but it's best to have the tags so it doesn't happen when they aren't looking for it.

I am really excited for both of those, but when was the last time a FPS won GOTY? I guess it depends on the site/publication, but I know the most popular ones (Game Informer, Gamespot, IGN, Metacritic etc) never give it to FPS games. Not saying it won't happen, but it is highly unlikely.

Well, according to the list here, it's happened recently enough. You're right, though. It's more unlikely than anything. There have been quite a bit of decent games this year.

Back
Top Bottom