No Man's Sky - Are You Even Ready??

There was a thing on Reddit that said the player base had already dropped by 90%. And no I stopped when I saw the "ending" on YouTube. I'm keeping mine but only because I expect they'll eventually right the ship.

how much did you get back?

Can't you get a refund since they pretty much lied to everyone

I'm plugging away at this. I still view this as a Minecraft experience. Pop in, see what's new, spend a relaxing hour or two with it...make progress on a planet.

No bigs.

I still enjoy it.

I bought the game not quite a week ago now for PS4. Had some good times with it, but almost every planet I landed on in the three star systems I traveled to looked pretty much exactly the same, with near identical animals and plant-life, so it got boring pretty quick.

I was hoping they would have added some of the content like bases and such by now, but since we don't even have an estimate for when we can expect something fresh to be added, i've asked Sony customer service for a refund on the game. If they give me the refund, great, but if not, i'll just keep it and hope it improves over time. (which I really hope it does, it has so much potential.)

------------------------SPOILERS-----------------
The thing that pushed me over the edge to asking for a refund was seeing the "ending". The fact that it literally just zooms you back to the edge of the universe, making you start the journey all over again, with literally nothing at all actually at the center of the universe was just too much for me to accept.
----------------------END SPOILERS-------------------

If the game either has a large amount of new content added, or drops it's price to around $20, I will recommend it to people. But as it is now, it's just a very big disappointment for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the game not quite a week ago now for PS4. Had some good times with it, but almost every planet I landed on in the three star systems I traveled to looked pretty much exactly the same, with near identical animals and plant-life, so it got boring pretty quick.

I was hoping they would have added some of the content like bases and such by now, but since we don't even have an estimate for when we can expect something fresh to be added, i've asked Sony customer service for a refund on the game. If they give me the refund, great, but if not, i'll just keep it and hope it improves over time. (which I really hope it does, it has so much potential.)

The thing that pushed me over the edge to asking for a refund was seeing the "ending". The fact that it literally just zooms you back to the edge of the universe, making you start the journey all over again, with literally nothing at all actually at the center of the universe was just too much for me to accept.

If the game either has a large amount of new content added, or drops it's price to around $20, I will recommend it to people. But as it is now, it's just a very big disappointment for me.

Goty...... Definitely not

I do feel bad talking the game down, as it almost feels like Sony forced them to release when they were still in early stages or something. If they would openly admit that they released the game before it was ready, and before most of the promised features were implemented, I could forgive them. But they've basically refused to say anything about the subject, and I would really like a forecast on when we could expect some new features to be added.

Any kind of reason from them as to why the game turned out so different from what they promised, just so we could know what went wrong and maybe understand that it might have been something entirely out of their control, would be nice. The way they're handling things now, it just seems like they put out a half-assed game and couldn't give a care in the world so long as they get the money, and I really want to see more small teams having success in the industry, so looking at it that way hurts me.

What would be though? I realize we're heading into the holiday season when most big releases hit, but looking at that list there's a lot of remakes. So far overwatch, uncharted 4, and dark souls 3 are the only contenders.

I do feel bad talking the game down, as it almost feels like Sony forced them to release when they were still in early stages or something. If they would openly admit that they released the game before it was ready, and before most of the promised features were implemented, I could forgive them. But they've basically refused to say anything about the subject, and I would really like a forecast on when we could expect some new features to be added.

Any kind of reason from them as to why the game turned out so different from what they promised, just so we could know what went wrong and maybe understand that it might have been something entirely out of their control, would be nice. The way they're handling things now, it just seems like they put out a half-assed game and couldn't give a care in the world so long as they get the money, and I really want to see more small teams having success in the industry, so looking at it that way hurts me.
Wasn't really Sony's fault - they were just hired to do the marketing. Sean Murray was talking out of his *** just a few months before release, still being extremely vague and basically lying.

What would be though? I realize we're heading into the holiday season when most big releases hit, but looking at that list there's a lot of remakes. So far overwatch, uncharted 4, and dark souls 3 are the only contenders.

Doom. That's my GOTY, anyway.

Other contenders:
Deus Ex
Far Cry Primal
XCOM 2
Ratchet & Clank
Mirrors Edge

Future possible contenders:
BF1
Titanfall 2

My goty so far inside and uncharted 4. One great long game and one short one. Ac syndicate was released last year but I only played this year. It's in my top 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom