No Man's Sky - Are You Even Ready??

Edit: Last night another good friend asked if I was getting the game. I told him no and why. He said he was getting it because he likes exploration games and the thought of space exploration. I just asked him what he thought and he said it wasn't worth 60 bucks to him. He's gonna let me use his account to try it which I'll do tomorrow.

This is what I was going to do with a friend that has it since it was gifted to him, but he told the friend that gifted it to him to just request the refund, so I probably won't end up trying it out (not sure if my playtime would count towards the refund time period, and he's already at 1.9hrs).

I've watched several streams of it so far, and it looks like it'd be fun for the first few hours, at least.

I'll probably pick it up from a Steam sale if it's discounted enough (or if they patch in some interesting things - we'll just have to see).

I think I must have watched the same video about it - I was bored in a few minutes.
My brother likes the exploration and "procedurally generated" idea of it, being a GIS master, but he is still waiting at least a year for it to get all the bugs out, be optimised, and go on sale on Steam.
I watch Robbaz for entertainment and because he uses Youtube money to make content with games normal people would think are stupid. Usually it's quite funny no matter what he's playing. I can't remember the other person I watched, too lazy to go back to history and look. The fact that it was a 14 minute video and I quit because I thought the general atmosphere was boring had me sold on not buying it but at least trying it.

This is what I was going to do with a friend that has it since it was gifted to him, but he told the friend that gifted it to him to just request the refund, so I probably won't end up trying it out (not sure if my playtime would count towards the refund time period, and he's already at 1.9hrs).

I've watched several streams of it so far, and it looks like it'd be fun for the first few hours, at least.

I'll probably pick it up from a Steam sale if it's discounted enough (or if they patch in some interesting things - we'll just have to see).
Yea, I feel I'll have the same reception. It'll be fun for an hour or two because it's new and then I'll quit and never pick it up again. I mean, if I could name things ridiculous names and other people could see and laugh that'd be better, but right now I just don't see that happening. I'm sure there's a large audience for the game, just not for me and many others. I also believe it was overly hyped as even the devs were getting a bit nervous about reception.

This threads discussion has been pretty interesting. The fact is this game was so overhyped.

Is this the first game that many people were excited about and failed to live to expectations? No....remember assassins creed 3. It also won't be the last.

I'm having a fair time wth it and I'm only 4 hours in. My big issue is there's no story and really no goal I'm reaching for. The goal might be 50 hours into the game, but I'm sure I won't make it.

I like what the game promises and in a couple years it will be cool to se how much of the universe has been explored.

I'm not reading it in yet, but it's telling that this weekend I picked up ac syndicate and kept playing that and collecting things and doing missions.

With my backlog, I'm sure this could fall out of favor quickly.

Saying that, I could totally see why people love it...but then again, I've never played minecraft and really don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I watch Robbaz for entertainment and because he uses Youtube money to make content with games normal people would think are stupid. Usually it's quite funny no matter what he's playing. I can't remember the other person I watched, too lazy to go back to history and look. The fact that it was a 14 minute video and I quit because I thought the general atmosphere was boring had me sold on not buying it but at least trying it.
I watched StoneMountain64, a video Jim Sterling did, a short vid NeebsGaming did about it, and a little bit of AngryJoe (waiting on Total Biscuit's video he said he made; didn't see if he had streamed or not). They were all pretty much "meh" except StoneMountain - he was making it fairly entertaining.

I'm having a fair time wth it and I'm only 4 hours in. My big issue is there's no story and really no goal I'm reaching for. The goal might be 50 hours into the game, but I'm sure I won't make it.
AFAIK, there's limited story, but the goal is basically to reach the center of the universe.

I would definitely not recommend you get this on steam for full price, but I can say--I think this probably should've been priced at $40 rather than $60.

I am still enjoying picking away at planets and mining and cataloging though.

Quick poll.

If you got this, are you still playing it.

I traded in mine earlier this week. I just can't.

There was a thing on Reddit that said the player base had already dropped by 90%. And no I stopped when I saw the "ending" on YouTube. I'm keeping mine but only because I expect they'll eventually right the ship.

Last edited:
There was a thing on Reddit that said the player base had already dropped by 90%. And no I stopped when I saw the "ending" on YouTube. I'm keeping mine but only because I expect they'll eventually right the ship.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Saw thing same thing on PC Gamer according to Steam Stats that it dropped 80-85%, but then they also said it's pretty normal for a lot of big games. They gave examples of some big AAA titles like Doom, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and a few others and they all dropped 70-75% after the first month - so it's not all that uncommon really.

My brother and I usually wait a while (and this time, probably a year, maybe 10 months) before buying games like this that come with all the hype.
So we'll wait for a Steam sale, and a few updates so that all the bugs are ironed out for PC.

Back
Top Bottom