No internet on new install

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
Got my dads pc working on another HD, has a new install of windows xp, but he cant get on the internet.

Ive tryed finding the drivers for his mobo for the onboard lan but cant find any

his mobo is a intel EP-4PLMI i think

Well dont think. Cause the last thing you want is the wrong drivers. Use a different PC download CPUz and transfer it to his using a USB Thumb Drive. From there run it and find out for sure.

Ok, i installed it on his pc and only come up with the chipset, and southbridge

Chipset. Intel i865p/PE/Gi848P
Southbridge. Intel 820061B(ICH5)

thats all it come up with

6ixmag.jpg

I highlighted exactly what you need. If you dont have that information, then there isnt much we can do to help.

It doesnt have the Manufacture, but it does have the model, it only says Breeds Hill :(

*EDIT*
I guess he will have to go and buy another motherboard? looks to me as they dont do drivers for it anymore

EP-4PLMI is the number on the MOBO near the ram, in big white writeing

His mobo is a EPOX EP 4PLM(i)

Welcome to EPoX . Home of EPoX Products in the USA and Canada.

Look at that. Second result after searching for the EP-4PLMI numbers. It is a EPoX mobo. It is outdated and not supported anymore. That is why you cant find drivers. If they are not included, then your SOL.

But you never know. Some of the 1,400 results might be of help.

Looks like the European version of EPoX went under. So now they are only based in the USA and Canada. Which explains why your mobo doesnt have any support. Guess you will need a new mobo. A little research goes a long way.

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=82384

That was found just by looking up Breeds Hill Motherboard Model.

What does SOL mean? :(

I though it was a intel mobo, guess i was wrong, never heard of EPOX

Guess he'll have to get another mobo/cpu then, ah well, cheers Mak

SOL is a nice way of saying Poop Outta Luck. Any search engine will tell you what it means. Really they will. I have looked.

Sorry but you have to ask if the RAM will work when it says right under Specifications what RAM is compatible with the mother board? Are you not reading the stuff your just looking at prices or what? Your supposed to be a geek right? I mean this isnt your first build yet your asking if your old RAM will work in a mobo when it tells you what it needs.

Sorry but your either not paying attention or you want all the work done for you. I wont do either. You want to find a mobo that works with the DDR SD RAM and his P4? Good luck with that. Those mother boards are going to be more expensive than just replacing the whole setup with current tech. You want those questions answered head over to the Building Section. I told you long ago i wasnt going to hold your hand. I am not here for that. You dont learn by having everything handed to you. You have to start paying attention to what your doing and actually read and figure this stuff out. If you want to be a true PC Geek this is stuff you can not know.

Yeah it sounds harsh, but you have asked enough building questions to be able to know this type of information. Just shows how much you dont listen to what we say. I know that isnt the first time that comment was made to you either. Cause i know people will see this via search engines and think I am being mean. That is not the case. You just dont listen and dont pay attention to what your being told. You just want the answers handed to you on a silver platter.

Since this issue is resolved, Topic Closed. No need to continue talking about matters that dont belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom