No, I just want to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal Atrocity

Beta member
Hi, I'm currently a high school freshman, so in other words I have very little money.

But the thing is, I need to find a module or something that allows me to type and store information (aka. notes for my classes). A laptop is out of the question because it is:

- Much too expensive for my wallet
- Will add too much weight to my already insanely heavy backpack
- Has a lot of unnecessary things on it

The nearest Best Buy is a 30 minute drive from my house, so I wanted to get some information before I went hopping over there. Does anyone know where I can get a very basic system that:?

- Is similar to a laptop without the fancy features
- Has an almost standard sized keyboard
- Is lighter, if not smaller
- Stores text information
- Is quite cheap

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Note: Sorry if this isn't very clear, my English is pretty bad.

the only thing i could POSSIBLY recommend to you is a PDA with a KB built-in or a PDA and a external KB

Here is a suggestion.....

Palm E2 - $199

If you scroll down, there is a fullsize keyboard add on, which is $70. You are looking at about $300 shipped, that is about the cheapest you will find what you are looking for, unless you can find a cheap used PDA & keyboard, or cheap laptop.... but if it is older used stuff, it will likely be bulkier than a new laptop. Paper & pen/pencil would be your be bet costwise.

Regal Atrocity said:
Hi, I'm currently a high school freshman, so in other words I have very little money.

But the thing is, I need to find a module or something that allows me to type and store information (aka. notes for my classes). A laptop is out of the question because it is:

- Much too expensive for my wallet
- Will add too much weight to my already insanely heavy backpack
- Has a lot of unnecessary things on it

The nearest Best Buy is a 30 minute drive from my house, so I wanted to get some information before I went hopping over there. Does anyone know where I can get a very basic system that:?

- Is similar to a laptop without the fancy features
- Has an almost standard sized keyboard
- Is lighter, if not smaller
- Stores text information
- Is quite cheap

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Note: Sorry if this isn't very clear, my English is pretty bad.

Do you really need a device to take notes with? Personally, I didn't see high school as very intensive in terms of taking notes. Just curious, your HS must do something different. Most people don't even bother with a laptop until college, or even a PDA until college... or even later.

My right wrist has serious issues, so when I copy down notes, it is extremely painful. But when I type, I have no problem at all. So using some sort of laptop like system will be easier on my wrist. Plus, I can type at 130 GWA, so its also much more convenient. My classes require you to take notes at least 3 or 4 times a week, so you can see why I really need to replace my pencil and paper before I have to amputate my hand or something. xP

Oops :( I didn't know you had a hand problem. I guess you do need it then :) :)

Did you ever get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom