RichM499

Daemon Poster
I am about to upgrade again, and i have a few options
My current system is:

Athlon x2 3800+ (SKT 939)
Asus a8v-x
Corsair XMS ddr 400
Geforce 7600gs

now, i have 2 options, i can get a HD radeon 3850 AGP to replace the one i had that just died
or
i can get an Asrock AliveNF6P-VSTA Nforce 430 Motherboard with AMD x2 5400+ Black Edition CPU

now at first glance, it seems obvious, the Asrock mobo / cpu is a huge upgrade, and AGP is dead, im at the end of the road with this AGP rig.

but i'll be stuck with a 7300GS if i get the mobo/cpu combo

(the price is roughly the same, 130~ shipped for either one)

so, i'll either have to deal with onboard gphx untill my friend sends me a 7300gs, and deal with that 7300 untill i buy a 4850 in a few weeks

or i get the 3850 and enjoy the big frame boost immediately, instead of waiting

=/

any input is welcome and appreciated

I'd wait the few weeks because if you get the AGP GPU now, You will be stuck with it and will need to spend more money on a MB and GPU later. If you can deal with the 7300 for a few weeks you will be glad when you finally get the 4850 with much better graphics than the 3850 could dream of. I'd wait.

Dauntae

Rich get a nice AM2+ board. Let me help you out man.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Go to the bottom and check out the combo deal man.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor Model ADA6000CZBOX - Retail
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Original price: $191.99
Discount: -$20.00
Combo Price: $171.99

Thats a really good deal. That motherboard is AM2+ so it will handle a Phenom if you decide to go with one some where down the road.

i was thinking about getting the MSI 790v mobo, (newegg has an opened box version avaliable, and the drivers come in a package on the MSI website)

but i'll check out your link (also the MSI mobo is 140 after shipping with a x2 5600+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom