New SMP2 negates using VMware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn, the prelim resualts are the a3 in any native OS is faster than a vm a3.

Luke you did get an a1, but rember folks, a1 and a2s are gtoing bye bye soon and it'll only be a3s. I got a a3 on my first unit after release.

will 4 cores on an a3 in windows out perform 7 cores on a linux vm?

the only reason i'd use a vm is because setting affinity is so easy... put a little code into the .vmx file and boom done

Supposively core for core it does. The new a3 builds on the a2. Think about it, youre using a computer inside a computer..

How hard is it to set affinity in win with something like process lasso.

Do as you please... as a donated project only you decide how you do things..

Alright... my smp just got an a3, so I will see how well this goes...

I just didn't wanna use process lasso because I hate installing programs lol.

edit: what are you getting for your TPF paton? i used to get like 3min on the a2's, and its been like 10 min now since the a3 started and havent even gotten 1% ...

Well i know i havent gotten a a3 yet. But if i remember correctly when reading the passkeys signup page, you had to finish 10 units with that passkey to get "certified" or something like that to get the bigger or better units. So it wont be for at least 8 more WU before i get that. Since i just got my passkey when paton posted it and i was already into a unit at that point.

Not to mention i just seen F@H Corea1.exe :p

^no ur a fail....but seriusly, how...i have a roughly equivlently clocked 920, and my tpf is like 7 mins, and right now acording to fahmon im getting like 3500....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom