New SMP2 negates using VMware

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
So, if you haven't updated to the 6.29 smp client, you should.

As of yesterday, the newest smp clients have been released, and guess what.... ?they've fixed the "flaw" that made running running Vmware *nix OS and a2 cores the optimal setup.

With the release of the new a3 core, running the native OS will now be the best production option.

Also as I had posted, a passkey is now required, and honestly best option for security, which calculates a bonus based on left over time.

Fahmon saddly doesn't take into account this bonus, so you might have to switch to hfm.net, but for my e2180 at stock, my ppd is 150pts above my best a1 ppd, and 300pts over my average ppd.

Re: New SMP2 ngates using VMware

Actually, the a3 is faster in windows, than in a vmware, so you might want to switch back.

Fred is going to have to redo his image if its not already a 6.29 cklient... check the very top of the log after the startup, And it'll tell you the version.

Well, checked his log, and it seems to be still 6.02.

the smp client for some reason never works for me, it does not open lol...well a cmd opens for like .25 of a second, and goes away...maybe this one will be different, i'll see. Although then i would have to fiddle with running 2 of them at once, with notfreds it does it automatically.

Yha, but this new core on 4 cores, will out do 2 notfred, is what theyre saying.

I can post you through the smp setup... Also remember, if youre on x64 you must run the mpcih version, the dieno is only x86

I'll give it a shot once this WU is finished on notfred. I could never get SMP to work for me, either.

When folding on win, it sets up a crediential store in your system, an needs a admin user/pass to store the data.

Nothing leaves your computer. Henve the DEINO and MPICH versions. They are that store.

Sweet. No more vmware woot. Ill switch both my cpus back when I get home from school

And luke ya fred has a 6.29 vm. there was a post on ff somewhere about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom