New parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_wilson

Beta member
First off id like to appologise if this is the wrong area.

Im looking to buy some new components and im not really sure what to get, i have a budget of roughly $1000 AUD

I have been recomended the following from some freinds and people i know;

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Socket 939

They didnt say what brand or model to get for the motherboard but said i need a socket 939 (obviously) with PCI-Express, nForce4 ultra chipset though they said to look into nForce4 SLI (i have no idea with motherboards or most other things)

For the RAM they said 2X 512mb PC3200 DDR400 SDRAM, though i dont now what brand names are trusted and good quality.

Hard Drive they just sad no les than 80gb so i dont know what about those either.

For graphics they suggested these three
Geforce 6600 GT
Radeon X800 GTO
GeForce 6800 GS
I was thinking the Radeon.

Then i need a case and power supply, i have no clue with the Wattage or anything with these.

Can anyone tell me what they would recomend for me to get?
Thanks

By the way, im a compleat novice with the hardware side of computers. If you couldnt tell

well welcome to the hardware novice club mate^^
k, 1000AUD is pretty good
firstly for the motherboard id suggest u get the

Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe

For the prosessor dont get the 64 3200+ on a 939.
There is little price difference between the AMD 64 3200+ and the AMD 64 3500+. Id go with the 3500+, or if u can afford it, then deffinetley go for the AMD 3700+ San Diego.
But if u cant try stick with the 3500+

If u want to go for a cheap but ok Hard drive id go for the Hitachi Deskstar 7k80 - 80GB Sata II.

For the graphics card id deffinetley get a eVGA e-GeForce 6800GS 256mb.

For the power supply id get a Antec Truepower 2.0 430watts.

For the cas a CoolerMaster Centurion 531 Silver... itd be pretty awesome^^

For ram, Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 400MHz t comes in 2X512 which is fine, unless u wanna take one bar with 1 gb... since Windows Vista can take use of it fully.

But with this setting ur Windows Vista ready def:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom