New build for kid #3.

Sorry, my other kid, who is pretty techy, pointed out that several people are running into compatibility issues with Ryzen? Can anybody expand on this. I will combine the cpu with new mobo and ram and psu with old WD black hhd, a new ssd, and and old 560 ti GPU ( at least temporarily). Does anybody know if any of these old components are incompatible with the Ryzen 1500x.

Sorry, my other kid, who is pretty techy, pointed out that several people are running into compatibility issues with Ryzen? Can anybody expand on this. I will combine the cpu with new mobo and ram and psu with old WD black hhd, a new ssd, and and old 560 ti GPU ( at least temporarily). Does anybody know if any of these old components are incompatible with the Ryzen 1500x.

First I've heard of it. I know Ryzen was having some issues with RAM if it was too fast but I think the BIOS updates fixed that. You may want to check your kid's sources... sounds like they are sipping from the fountain of fanboyism, or at least listening to it.

Yep- after posting I tried finding out what the heck he was talking about and only came up with the same thing- RAM issues if trying high speed RAM. So if he says anything else - I will just say "show me or Prove it" . He is the same kid that says "don't buy win10 - we can get it for free". I pointed out that may or may not be true- but even if we do get a upgrade form win7 download to work - its not legal as its a new build with a new CPU and MOBO, cant get support ,etc.

Was this the same kid that had issues with this 2500k that's running in my gfs PC? :p

I had 0 issues assembling and running a Ryzen rig. 10/10 would buy again.

Yep- and YEP!!! just waiting to get cash from #3 kid- I agreed to split the cost and want to see a down payment before I order parts.

Ok revitalization of this thread for kid#3. She finally got a job and has saved $600 , so now have firm budget of $1200. Need win 10 OS, and all PC components. Do not need monitor/keyboard/mouse. So she will not be overclocking. She likes art and using 2 monitors and often has many programs running at the same time. She games , not hardcore , but does play first person shooters.

So I figure Evga 1070 gpu is fine and fairly long term solution. 16 GB DDR4 ram, 500 Gb solid state drive, 1GB regular HD. So, the big question is cpu = Ryzen or Intel? Looking for stability and fairly long term cpu solution.

So I figure Evga 1070 gpu is fine and fairly long term solution. 16 GB DDR4 ram, 500 Gb solid state drive, 1GB regular HD. So, the big question is cpu = Ryzen or Intel? Looking for stability and fairly long term cpu solution.

I'd recommend a little bit bigger regular HD. 1GB won't get you very far these days.

=D

Back
Top Bottom