Netgear router help, no internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my desktop Serial Number: GCX7331011863 running windows 7 32bit

the yellow caution box is on the bottom of the screen on the right where the lil computer screen that shows if i get signal or not

and it has a yellow triangle with a MARK in the middle

and yes i do NOT have internet when i hook it up like ur drawing

here is my desktop Serial Number: GCX7331011863 running windows 7 32bit
I can't find anything with the serial number you provided. It has to be the model of your PC. It should be labeled either on the front of the case or the back. It's pretty hard to miss. Pretty much all retail/pre-built PCs have the model labeled in bold characters.

the yellow caution box is on the bottom of the screen on the right where the lil computer screen that shows if i get signal or not

and it has a yellow triangle with a MARK in the middle
Ah, I see. Did you happen to see what that caution said? It would say why you do not have internet access.

Oh and you meant exclamation mark.

model GATEWAY GT5432

and the caution box just said no internet access

and yes i looked closely and its a exclamation mark

OK, try this:

Hook it up like my drawing, wait for all the appropriate lights, then go to the back of the router and press the reset button with a sharp object like a pin for 20 seconds or more. It's a small red circle located just to the right of the 4 ethernet ports. After you let go the router will return to factory settings. Hopefully that will remove the caution box so you can have access into the router's browser.

Can you start up the smart wizard again, to see if that error shows up?

And make sure your setup is like my drawing when you do this.

did it again and same msg came up and it said restart ur pc so i did and did it again and still the same MSG

with internet with out using the router it goes to the main page where it ask FIND UR PRODUCT or ASK A QUESTION

with the router hooked up like drawing nothing bc it has no connection to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom