Netgear router help, no internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the manual, it says you should type in www.routerlogin.net to have access into the Netgear router.

You actually do not need the CD to set up or install a router because typically routers are plug and play. You just have to configure them manually.

Did you try the manual method from your user manual?

Also that error about the NIC, you probably have to update your ethernet drivers. And you can do so by going to your motherboard's manufacturer website and download the latest driver for the ethernet port.

OK what software did you specifically download?

After you type in that address you are suppose to get a prompt asking for the username and password to get into the router. According to the manual for your router, the default username is "admin" and the default password is "password". If you didn't get that prompt, try typing in the full address: http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com

Also make sure that all the appropriate lights are lit on your router. Or what lights are lit up currently on the router?

Products

clicked on WNR3500

but they had to of them to download it said V1 or V2 mine does not say that it just says WNR3500

^Are you referring to the firmware version? I did not mean that software. I meant the ethernet drivers for your motherboard. And that is probably why you were getting that NIC error earlier.

What is the manufacture and model of your computer? Is it a custom or retail/pre-built? To find out regardless, you can download a program called CPU-Z. Here's the link: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Then open that program and go to the mainboard tab where it will show you the make and model of your motherboard.

And if you are connected to the internet right now to download these software, does that mean your network setup is currently like the picture I uploaded earlier?

its a plain Gateway with windows 7

im getting internet through the antenna outside its hooked up to the POE adapter and going to the back of my desktop and works great, but when i hook it up like ur drawing it shows a caution box like a yellow triangle with a make in it and does nothing else

also

if u can see the setup manual on page 3 where it shows what the colors mean on the router and when i hook it up ur way the power button is green, next one down is green,next one is blue,and the cord is connected to #1 and thats AMBER

First let's find out which version of the WNR3500 you have.

On the back of the router there is an FCCID number.

From the manuals that I've seen:

PY307300074 = v1
PY308400093 = v2

its a plain Gateway with windows 7
Since it is a pre-built by Gateway, what is the exact model for the computer? This is so we can find out if there is an updated driver for your ethernet port on your PC.

but when i hook it up like ur drawing it shows a caution box like a yellow triangle with a make in it and does nothing else
Can you further explain?

Where does the caution box/yellow triangle show up? And what does "with a make in it" mean?

"does nothing else".......You mean you don't have internet access, when it's done like my drawing?

if u can see the setup manual on page 3 where it shows what the colors mean on the router and when i hook it up ur way the power button is green, next one down is green,next one is blue,and the cord is connected to #1 and thats AMBER
Just checked that. Everything according to the manual is fine. The amber color just means that the ethernet connection between the router and PC is running at a 10/100Mbps speed instead of the full 1000Mbps, but you don't need to worry about that. At least all the lights are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom