Neo Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I want suggestions on this NES clone. I want to play some old NES games and I don't want to buy a refurbished NES for 60 bucks and I don't want a used non refurb because I know how the original NES systems are, LOL.

The Neo Fami is a NES clone that uses direct NES games(no cart adapter), conrollers and even the light gun, but is stable and better quality than the NES.

Who had this system and is it that good? I have been pricing around and for 30 bucks I can get a brand new Neo Fami with two new controllers and new cables, and for 10 bucks more, I can choose the color I get it in (different websites).

I can't wait to play some Super Mario 3, Blaster Master, or some Joust!

Heres a link: http://store.yahoo.com/baysoftgames/neofamisystem.html

isnt that the japanease version? or was that famicom? i have a very old NES sumwhere but it think it stopped playing in colour for sum reason lol.

I think Famicom was the Japanese version and the Neo Fami is the new US version. I know the one in the link and the other sites I have been looking at, they are US versions.

I guess this is a bump, I just wanted to post a picture of the US version of the neo famicom system I picked up the other day, I choose silver/black for the color. I also bought two carts, Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Blaster Master, I plan to pick up Mario Bros 3, Joust, and Tetris later this week.

may16th0023he.jpg

FAKE SYSTEMS ARE ALWAYS HORRIBLE! They never work very well and they just don't have the classic feel of the original systems. Anyway that particular system is worse than others, because it was made in Japan, so it is meant to play Japanese games. It does come with a converter that will let you play Amarican games, but the quality just isn't very good, because it has to go through the adapter. You will probably get better quality from a used NES. But if you are determined to buy an unofficial system, the NEX is the best one. It has wireless controllers and very good picture quality, do an ebay search and you will easily find them.

This is not the old famicom clone, it is the US edition, using no adapters and accepting true US NES controllers. It worked better than I had hoped for and played all the games I have flawlessly. This system is the new US system designed just for use in the US without adapters or anything of that sort, this version was just released a only a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom