Need help with Windows 7

techmo

Solid State Member
I have Windows 7 ultimate. I got an iso from the microsoft website. I already have an os on my pc so i decided to use VM Virtual Box. But when The iso starts to boot i get this error.

Error.txt

Any ideas to what is causing the error?

you have to burn the .iso to a disk with a software program that can burn .iso's. Nero, Roxio and img burn are a couple programs that can burn .iso to a dvd disk

I burned the iso to a dvd. Now when i boot i get another error.

No you cna mount the iso as a virtual CD-DVD ROM in the VM options. It has the option to emulate the disc drive. Please

No you cna mount the iso as a virtual CD-DVD ROM in the VM options. It has the option to emulate the disc drive. Please

Not going to work, if you read his reply you will see that he gets an error when booting. He is not getting into Windows so you cant mount an ISO if your not within an OS.

Not going to work, if you read his reply you will see that he gets an error when booting. He is not getting into Windows so you cant mount an ISO if your not within an OS.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. His OS on his physical machine appears to work fine or did I misread that? He should be able to mount the .iso in VB and boot the vm off of it as someone has said.
There is no difference in doing that vs. reading the disc from the cd-rom.

I burned the iso to a dvd. Now when i boot i get another error.

This is what I mean. He boots, gets an error. So how is mounting an ISO using a Virtual Drive going to help when he cant even boot to his OS in the first place.

So people suggesting that an ISO can be mounted via a virtual drive isnt going to do any good when the users cant even get into Windows. The entire thread needs to be read completely before comments are made. Clearly people missed this post and didnt see that the OP cant even get into Windows.

This is what I mean. He boots, gets an error. So how is mounting an ISO using a Virtual Drive going to help when he cant even boot to his OS in the first place.

So people suggesting that an ISO can be mounted via a virtual drive isnt going to do any good when the users cant even get into Windows. The entire thread needs to be read completely before comments are made. Clearly people missed this post and didnt see that the OP cant even get into Windows.

I read the whole thread before I posted. He does not say he is having trouble booting into the host OS, he only says "now when I boot". I'm pretty sure he is refuring to the same thing he was before.. as in when he tries to boot it in Virtual Box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom