Need help running minecraft please help

Yes I have but I cannot figure out if there are Better compatible drivers that I can install. Could you or someone else help me figure out what drivers best for my comp?

can you not just turn off the advanced openGL settings from within the settings file ?
I think it is something like options.txt

I will go on to my other computer later and check, as I don't have minecraft on this one

Edit:
Try looking in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft
and open options.txt
And check to see if the following is set
advancedOpengl:false

Try downloading the graphics drivers from the intel site, just to make sure they are the latest and have all the acceleration features, as you may have the basic microsoft/windows drivers installed and this could limit the device.

Last edited:
im currently checking for updates on intels site, and i went to my .minecraft folder and there wasnt an options.txt file. this is all i got.
also i think since i didnt even get as far as to the select new game/multiplayer screen, the options file wasnt created yet..

Attachments

• .minecraft folder.PNG
    .minecraft folder.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 6
  • bin folder.PNG
    bin folder.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 5
yea thats exactly what i thought...nvidia drivers are for nvidia stuff like radeons are for radeons or what ever it is....ill try intel driver update utility thanks.

Only if it's an nVidia chipset...

Gotcha. One other idea - since the OP doesn't seem to have an options.txt file, what about creating the options.txt file with the proper settings input so Minecraft doesn't look for it at start-up?

Gotcha. One other idea - since the OP doesn't seem to have an options.txt file, what about creating the options.txt file with the proper settings input so Minecraft doesn't look for it at start-up?

Probably wouldn't hurt to try. Post your options.txt and see if the OP can get it to work.

If that doesn't work though, then I would lean towards not being able to play it due to the Intel drivers lacking OpenGL support. One of my old laptops had this problem when I tried to play a low-end game; wouldn't play because it had an Intel 4000 display adapter, which didn't support OpenGL and a few other things.

Here's my version of options.txt

music:0.0
sound:1.0
invertYMouse:false
mouseSensitivity:0.5
fov:0.0
gamma:1.0
viewDistance:1
guiScale:0
particles:0
bobView:false
anaglyph3d:false
advancedOpengl:false
fpsLimit:1
difficulty:1
fancyGraphics:true
ao:true
clouds:true
skin:Default
lastServer:
lang:en_US
chatVisibility:0
chatColors:true
chatLinks:true
chatLinksPrompt:true
chatOpacity:1.0
serverTextures:true
snooperEnabled:true
fullscreen:false
enableVsync:false
hideServerAddress:false
advancedItemTooltips:false
pauseOnLostFocus:true
showCape:true
touchscreen:false
overrideWidth:0
overrideHeight:0
heldItemTooltips:true
key_key.attack:-100
key_key.use:-99
key_key.forward:200
key_key.left:203
key_key.back:208
key_key.right:205
key_key.jump:57
key_key.sneak:42
key_key.drop:32
key_key.inventory:23
key_key.chat:20
key_key.playerlist:15
key_key.pickItem:-98
key_key.command:53

If you create a simple text file with that name in the top level of your .minecraft directory, it MIGHT work.

Back
Top Bottom