My next money pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what it is about the UK that makes prices spike so ungodly high. I played an online game for years with a guy who I still keep in contact with. He sells car insurance in London.

One day he asked me what kind of car I had. At the time I was driving a 1993 Grand Am GT. 3.3liter 6 cylinder, 2 door. He said that thing is Lamborghini-like in the UK, and it would cost me 6 grand or something obscene to insure it.

Plus all of the cars there run on little 3 banger engines. They just barely sip gas, even in comparison to Honda Civics in the USA.

It's because of the engine displacement. They have really stupid emissions laws there. Most people drive cars that are 2 liters or under in displacement. America is the general exception to the rule in that anyone can drive a car with a big engine. everywhere else that is reserved for super cars.

That must be pretty hard to park right?

It took some getting used to since it's so much bigger than the Camry I had before but it's really not too bad. Besides I am one of those people who park at the farthest end of the lot away from everyone else to try and avoid people hitting my car with stuff so space usually isn't a issue

It took some getting used to since it's so much bigger than the Camry I had before but it's really not too bad. Besides I am one of those people who park at the farthest end of the lot away from everyone else to try and avoid people hitting my car with stuff so space usually isn't a issue

Yeah, I was thinking about a Tundra and a Tacoma (well more of a Tacoma really) a while back, but then I considered that at work and school that there's just enough spaces to park everybody needed, plus I figured I'm not good enough of a driver to be driving a truck anyways, not to mention it doesn't really fit my personality.

Ohh, man. Before i had this car i used to drive around my moms 97' Silverado 2500, lifted 2" and 33's on it. Talk about a beast to park. and gas sucker. I averaged about 7-9MPG in that thing. Driving in pure city. So I was the king of parking in the middle of nowhere, so i didnt have to fight to get that thing in a tiny little spot.

Also did i mention this car only has 68K miles on it :D

Ohh, man. Before i had this car i used to drive around my moms 97' Silverado 2500, lifted 2" and 33's on it. Talk about a beast to park. and gas sucker. I averaged about 7-9MPG in that thing. Driving in pure city. So I was the king of parking in the middle of nowhere, so i didnt have to fight to get that thing in a tiny little spot.

Also did i mention this car only has 68K miles on it :D

Ouch 8mpg will really empty your wallet fast. I should get about 13-17mpg and that's expensive enough to fill up as it is.

68k miles is really low considering what you payed for the car. It should last you quite a while provided it was well maintained.

Yeah, I was thinking about a Tundra and a Tacoma (well more of a Tacoma really) a while back, but then I considered that at work and school that there's just enough spaces to park everybody needed, plus I figured I'm not good enough of a driver to be driving a truck anyways, not to mention it doesn't really fit my personality.

I've seen plenty of rednecks prove that you can be a terrible driver and still drive a truck.

Ouch 8mpg will really empty your wallet fast. I should get about 13-17mpg and that's expensive enough to fill up as it is.

68k miles is really low considering what you payed for the car. It should last you quite a while provided it was well maintained.

I've seen plenty of rednecks prove that you can be a terrible driver and still drive a truck.

Well it did kill me in gas, but it had like a 25 gallon tank. So it was like $110 to fill up from completely empty. I'd just drive it till it was empty, then get my step dad to fill it up :D

And my friend has a Grand Am with the same 2.4 LD9 in it. He has 177K miles on his, still going strong. only major issues were things like water pump, serpentine belt, sparkplugs, nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom