My next money pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok honestly people. Stop dising the guys first car. That's a good car to start out with, and if he wants to trick it out with some cooling looking stuff and some nice parts, he can. I don't know **** about cars and i would still probably buy a few cool looking things to sink into one. God honestly, this thread wasn't supposed to be a debate about what would be better then the car he has, get a life people.

I have state farm. And my last report card i had a D in algebra so that hurt me. I am doing a safe driver thing where you log the trips you take and that cuts off about $200 off of the yearly figure.

Lol, a Civic, really? Why would i down grade?

I just swapped from State Farm to Liberty Mutual on Wednesday actually, rate dropped by half.

But I had a D in Honors Geometry, it really doesn't matter as long as you have a 3.0 GPA or better, if I got a 3.0 my parents would probably have murdered me.

I just swapped from State Farm to Liberty Mutual on Wednesday actually, rate dropped by half.

But I had a D in Honors Geometry, it really doesn't matter as long as you have a 3.0 GPA or better, if I got a 3.0 my parents would probably have murdered me.

I'm pretty sure with a D though i still didnt have a 3.0, i dont know how to figure GPA. LOL, i know, i'm sad.

ok honestly people. Stop dising the guys first car. That's a good car to start out with, and if he wants to trick it out with some cooling looking stuff and some nice parts, he can. I don't know **** about cars and i would still probably buy a few cool looking things to sink into one. God honestly, this thread wasn't supposed to be a debate about what would be better then the car he has, get a life people.

It's all good. Thanks for backup. That's their opinion, and they are entitled to it. People just be hatin :p

WOW you people are lucky. For my dad's 06 chevy cobalt if he was to put me on his insurance it would add on between $200-300 a month (paying every 6 months) and I'm 19.

Driver's ed here doesn't help either or good grades...it's like 10% discount..and I think they even stopped doing that :|

congrats on the new/first car :D have fun with it..and please don't drive like a retard :p

Would that be a early 2000's tundra?

Toyota's are very good. I like them, very reliable, more that Honda :D

Yet you call them rice. The asian auto makers have had some great sport models that can be had for real cheap. The integra type r is considered by many in the know to be the best front wheel drive car ever made. Old Zs are cheap, celicas, preludes, 200 and 240sx's, eclipses, etc. Old 90's imprezas can be converted to jdm spec STIs with little fuss. All of these cars make decent platforms to learn how to work on cars and how to get a reliable and fun car out of. They all have the potential for speed. heck the engine in my last car, a '90 Accord is capable of 500hp with a good turbo and tune. Although I do not condone such shenanigans in a FWD car.

You can also find a cool car in unexpected places. 80's BMW 3 series (e30) are common, cheap and easy to work on. And you can take an old 325i and get a fair bit of power out of it for real cheap. They are also much simpler than the newer ones and cheaper to maintain, especially if you replace oem parts with your own anyways. I've seen em do 10s.

Actually, for anyone looking for a fun little car, old subbies are great. Their entire line has been AWD exclusively for years, and turbos are common stock.

My advice to you is not to spend a pennie on this car aside from maintenance and made a new head unit if the stock one is dead. Save up your cash and get a car you really want next time. Find out what your local area's car forum is called and join it. Get to know the local guys and learn as much as you can. Figure out just what you want to accomplish and work towards it. modding cars is very rewarding. If you learn the skills right and do things tastefully then you can have a cool and unique ride that you can be proud of. Not a wheat burner american pos with a wing and fake vents.

I don't understand what it is about the UK that makes prices spike so ungodly high. I played an online game for years with a guy who I still keep in contact with. He sells car insurance in London.

One day he asked me what kind of car I had. At the time I was driving a 1993 Grand Am GT. 3.3liter 6 cylinder, 2 door. He said that thing is Lamborghini-like in the UK, and it would cost me 6 grand or something obscene to insure it.

Plus all of the cars there run on little 3 banger engines. They just barely sip gas, even in comparison to Honda Civics in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom