my computer is very slow

bigdan

Daemon Poster
My computer is a bit old but I would've thought these specs are still good enough. I have a i5 with 6 GB RAM and a TB HD. It's 5 years old now.

What can I do to make it faster? When I shopped around last year it seemed like these specs still weren't bad. Could it be other programs in my startup etc? Is there a scan I can do, similar to a hijack this scan, which would show all the programs that I could upload here and someone tell me to remove?

I'm virus and spyware free, that's not the issue.

Perform a clean install of Windows.

Best thing would be to do is get an SSD for your Windows drive. That'll show a very big improvement on overall performance.

1. my computer is very slow -what it means, what is very slow?2. how big is the partition where is installed the operating system?
3. how many partitions there is at all, if You said a 1TB HDD
4. what OP system is in use
5. when was made the last clean install
6. Is the system updated, cleaned, defragmented, etc regularly.
7. SSD is not the solution for old computers, they may create new problems.

7. SSD is not the solution for old computers, they may create new problems.

Not exactly an "old system" we're dealing with here...even if it were an old system, I 100% disagree with this statement. What kind of problems with an SSD create?

Perform a clean install of Windows.

Best thing would be to do is get an SSD for your Windows drive. That'll show a very big improvement on overall performance.

I agree with this. I assume you have already went through and cleaned up your disk space, deleted any old programs you don't need and so on?

Back
Top Bottom